Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Reloading with Lee.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 07:31 PM

Reloading with Lee.

Saw this on youtube and thought it was pretty sharp, but very time consuming.
Reloading for my .308 Win deer hunting rifle with Lee Classic Loader - YouTube
Old 08-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Silver Member

Re: Reloading with Lee.

I'm pretty sure I would only do that if I had no other option. Having said that I have never seen one in action, and it was neat to watch.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Platinum Member

Priming with a hammer makes me tense up a little bit even watching it! I'm sure if it popped off it would be a non-event, but has a nails-on-chalkboard type effect on me!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Silver Member

that brings back memories!
In the mid 70's I was in milatry houseing (barracks), and did not have the room for my press and kit, so I got myself 2 of those, 44mag and 308win. I only did 2 things differantly, 1, I used a scale with the scoop and 2, when pounding the brass n the sizer I stood the brass on a piece of hardwood and hammered the die down on the brass useing a wooden mallet. And to my suprize I cannot remember any primers going off, the spring in the set works well.
But it sure was slow!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Platinum Member

I started loading about 35 years ago with one of those hammer jobs for a 30-06. It only neck sizes so you have to shoot the cases in your rifle. I got one for 38 Special but it did not work too well. Some of the rounds just would not chamber after loading. It did not take me long to save up enough money and get a press and start the madness of searching for just that much more accuracy by tinkering with components etc. By the way primers will go off when seating them with the hammer job.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Bronze Member

I started reloading for my 44 mag with one back in the early 70's. slow was the correct way to say it.Loaded several hundred every couple of months. NEVER had a primer detonate when seating it.!!!!