Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Reloading "Kits" - need advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Reloading "Kits" - need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveinjax View Post
Trickymissfit , that is good advise about learning to set up on range brass. I ruined a few learning . If it was lapua it would hurt!
That's exactly what I was trying to put forth. I once knew a guy that had one of the very best barrel builders build him a 6BR. He goes out and buys a couple hundred pieces of the best brass money could buy at the time. He ruins about twenty five cases before he finds out that the dies were bad. Had he been able to use pick up brass, it'd been a lot cheaper in the long run. In this case the shooter is going with a .308, and cases are easy to come by. So he sets the shoulders back .010" and learns what he can and cannot do with the die using junk brass. That brass is also the best way to learn neck turning and what works and dosn't work so well.
gary