Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

reloading help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Bronze Member

Re: reloading help

I heartily agree with all said previously, but would like to add a quickie: If at all possible, try to find and befriend someone with reloading experience to guide you and keep you safe from boogers at first. Also, it'll give you a reference point that doesn't depend on the internet.

Good luck and enjoy,
Rick

Last edited by rmorgan9718; 01-25-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: can't spell or type sometimes
Old 01-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Silver Member

Don't be complacent. DO follow instructions. Do what boomtube says. I have been doing this for alittle over 15 yrs. Still have the same RCBS rockchucker that was 10 to 15 yrs old when I got it. And my main dies are rcbs and lee. you are going to love it.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorgan9718 View Post
I heartily agree with all said previously, but would like to add a quickie: If at all possible, try to find and befriend someone with reloading experience to guide you and keep you safe from boogers at first. Also, it'll give you a reference point that doesn't depend on the internet.

Good luck and enjoy,
Rick
I agree with the above...You never know who is feeding you bull on the web.

Could be some jack ass sitting in an attic and just telling you things...Once you have been loading for a few years,you learn to pick up on some of the bull...Never use someone's load in your own untill you check it out..
Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Silver Member

Amen Lefty. A rockchucker is an EXCELLENT choice. I would add that the Redding dies are an equally good choice. Main thing to remember is go slow and read all you can until you are confident,then read some more. Prudent is the word i think of when reloading is the game. One mistake is all it takes to ruin a rifle/shooter. Not trying to scare you off by any means. Use common sense. GOOD LUCK. ........SEMPER FI