Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Reloading components----here is one for ya......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Reloading components----here is one for ya......

Wow - haven't seen that one yet! Do you have to buy 1 brass case for every 6 primers and bullets? If you buy an annealing kit can you stretch to one case for every 12?

That is a stupid rule, and does not stop hoarding. If you have to limit to "normal" quantities I can understand (like, not letting someone buy 5K primers). These wannbe MBA sales policies are nutty. I like the idea of keeping lists!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintH8R View Post
Wow - haven't seen that one yet! Do you have to buy 1 brass case for every 6 primers and bullets? If you buy an annealing kit can you stretch to one case for every 12?

That is a stupid rule, and does not stop hoarding. If you have to limit to "normal" quantities I can understand (like, not letting someone buy 5K primers). These wannbe MBA sales policies are nutty. I like the idea of keeping lists!
Yup, it is just plain stupid. It was always my understanding that when you are in business, you are supposed to sell. But, hey, maybe that's just me.
As Broz said, it will eventually settle down and their business practices in difficult times may haunt them in good times.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 04-29-2013, 05:07 AM
Silver Member

This is not good. In the next few days it is the month of May and the two gun stores owners I know still have no clue when they will see Hodgdon powder. I can't make my guns go bang without powder. Sure I have enough to last me but I would like to build a 6BR for woodchucks and I need other powder for that.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:09 PM

Yup. I visited there the other day and bought a new Remington 700 with detachable magazine. I went to buy ammo and they said they could only sell me five cartridges unless I bought another magazine. NO, not really, but it needed to be said. I have a LONG memory.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc1911cwp View Post
Yup. I visited there the other day and bought a new Remington 700 with detachable magazine. I went to buy ammo and they said they could only sell me five cartridges unless I bought another magazine. NO, not really, but it needed to be said. I have a LONG memory.
HAHAHA! That is ridiculous! I would have told them where they could have shoved that extra magazine along with the 5 extra rounds if they fit!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0rd0 View Post
will they sell you 1 bullet, 1 primer and an exact amount of powder needed to propel said bullet? Just wondering after all I have ever needed was 1 shot .
Yeah but will they give you a max load or just a moderate load.

"Let glorious acts more glorious acts inspire,
And catch from breast to breast the noble fire!
On valour's side the odds of combat lie,
The brave live glorious, or lamented die;" - Iliad, Book V