Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Reloading Components.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Gold Member

Re: Reloading Components.

Keith,
Don't know if they still have but Cabella's had 308 cases (winchester) I just received mine yesterday. I only orderd 50, I could just as easily orderd 500 but the whole problem is dumb azz people hoarding crap they don't really need or buying it cheap and trying to sell it to make a profit. I paid $23.00 plus shipping which brought the total to $32.05 like I said I could have got 500 but since I had some once fired brass, I don't feel it fair to add to the problem. If everyone felt this way it would be a little easier to get the stuff we need. Unfortunatley people for the most part don't feel this way it's all about ME!

Good luck, Rick

Old 05-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Silver Member

Don't pick on the guy, the shortage in 2009 caught me by surprise.

And regarding the government purchasing 1.6 billion rounds, I find this hard to believe, I would think it would be a least 1.7 trillion. Jeepers, if the folks in the DHS need 1.6 billion rounds to learn how to shoot straight I think they should just give it up.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Gold Member

I also called Cabelas and am planing to make the drive. I called them last night.
thanks Rick.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Bronze Member

cabelas has lapua brass in 30-06 right now. maybe not in 10 min
Old 05-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc View Post
It's become ridiculous finding new brass, primers and the bullets I need, every place I buy
these items is picked over clean of what I need. Is there a problem nobodys talking about?
There are no brass for the .3006 .308 .223 and if they have any bullets they don't have what I need. So here I am setting here with over 20lbs of powder and I cant even get out to practise
my shooting.

Ya got to buy brass and primers etc..etc...BEFORE you need them..or this is what ya run into.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
Jim Inhofe said the DHS has bought 1.6 billion rounds of ammo. The DHS says 80% of it is for practice. Inhofe says the U.S. Military doesn't use that much practice ammo.
Given that in my 4 years in a front line combatant MOS (peacetime), I burned through EXACTLY the number of rounds required to qualify annually (less than annually actually) on M4 and M9, I'm shocked, shocked!

I think I may have burned more ammo in load development for my 300 RUM than I burned in 9mm and 5.56 in the Army (only a slight exaggeration. The army practices way to little with live ammo for real troops (who aren't special forces).
Old 05-19-2013, 05:36 AM
Gold Member

Zep/ Others

Push the pencil on that 1.6B that the DHS needs for practice. One shot fired every second it would take 50 plus years to use up all that ammo. My take on it. Just another form of gun control.