Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Silver Member

Re: Reloading

@trickymissfit,

Which battery powered scale? I have 2, I do not remember their names. One cost me about $30 and one cost me about $80, both are POS. I would very much like to find *ANY* digital scale short of a lab grade $5000 dollar one that really is worth while. Yes, I know full well a LAB grade scale is an awesome unit, they also cost an arm and a leg. I am not saying they do not exist, but I guess I did not have the patience to look hard enough for one.

A good beam scale is at least as accurate as any rifle can make use of. Both of my battery powered digital scales I will only use to sort brass. If you could post a link to a known good digital scale that is somewhat affordable, I would appreciate it. I will NOT be spending more on a scale than I would on a rifle

Thank you,
Gary
Old 07-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diriel View Post
@trickymissfit,

Which battery powered scale? I have 2, I do not remember their names. One cost me about $30 and one cost me about $80, both are POS. I would very much like to find *ANY* digital scale short of a lab grade $5000 dollar one that really is worth while. Yes, I know full well a LAB grade scale is an awesome unit, they also cost an arm and a leg. I am not saying they do not exist, but I guess I did not have the patience to look hard enough for one.

A good beam scale is at least as accurate as any rifle can make use of. Both of my battery powered digital scales I will only use to sort brass. If you could post a link to a known good digital scale that is somewhat affordable, I would appreciate it. I will NOT be spending more on a scale than I would on a rifle

Thank you,
Gary
I've owned four Pacts, and still have three. All work well. The other Pact had the RCBS logo on it, and it was stolen from me. Otherwise, I'd still be using it. I've used the Lyman, and a Dillon in the past. The Lyman was always drifting on me, and the Dillon was pretty good. Might have also used a Midway (blue colored?). I know about a dozen shooters that reload with the same table top scale I use (some are so old they don't have the inferred port).
gary
Old 07-31-2011, 05:32 PM
Silver Member

Trickymissfit,

Thank you. I will look into the pact scales.

Gary
Old 08-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diriel View Post
Trickymissfit,

Thank you. I will look into the pact scales.

Gary
I've just had really good luck with them, and just go and go. I did manage to scamble all the programing on my second scale, and they completely reset it up on the phone while the coached me thru the process. But according to Pact; they'd never seen on so scrambled!
gary

P.S. I might add here that if it can be broken; I'll find out how to do this! I like good reliable equipment, and try to simply look for items that work and last well. I don't think a guy has to run out and buy a Harrell measure (I did), when a plain jane Lyman #55 is 99.5% as good for about 1/4th the money. And believe me I've bought more than my share of junk thru the years (probably all of us here have). That's why I said to buy a good pair of mics from the start, and learn to use them. I might add here that there is no tool I wouldn't loan most anybody here if you were close by (sans two pairs of mics my Dad used and one other pair a long gone fellow gave me). I had to learn the hard way all too often.
glt

Last edited by Trickymissfit; 08-01-2011 at 11:27 AM.