Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Reloading

Boomtube thanks for a very helpful replie
Old 03-24-2013, 08:39 AM
Gold Member

for the most part id stick with rcbs stuff. Its good stuff. thre warantee is second to none and if you ever want to sell it to upgrade or if you decide you no longer want to load it will hold its value better then most.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Bronze Member

The most important thing you can do for yourself is to READ,... and then read some more to fully understand and comprehend what it is your going to be doing!

Take your time,.. and if there's something is in front of you you don't understand ASK questions from someone who's been doing it for a while. This is not a type of hobby you should be guessing at,... I started reloading back when I was 13 with my father. Started out with 12 ga. shotshells and grew to understand the principles involved. I graduated so to say to metallic reloading on my own using the same basic principles. I've been doing so for some 40+ years now.

I'm currently reloading for 8 different calibers,.. handgun & rifle alike. Each use the same principle but things vary based on what you will be reloading IE: crimp, no-crimp, etc. There's a vast amount of variables to consider when you reload so don't try "short-cutting" the steps involved.

Lyman produces a good introduction to re-loading in their manual which will explain a lot to you,.. it's well worth the $$ to pick one up and read and welcome to the world of reloading ammunition!

Terry Webster

Life Member NRA
RMEF Sponsoring Member
SCI Member
NAHC Life Member
NAFC Life Member
Thunder Bay Steelheaders
US Army - SGT. 1970-72 1st/327th -101st AB
Viet-Nam Veteran
Old 03-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Silver Member

Excellent advice from boomtube!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Boomtube thanks for a very helpful replie

I also want to emphasize one thing "boomtube" stated. "the limiting factor of our ammo is our own skill" Develop the skills needed and everything else will come to light. Keep the tools simple to begin with and start loading.... it's not brain surgery.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein