Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Reloaders dream bullet puller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Reloaders dream bullet puller

I saw these at the recent gun show in Boise, ID. They are a good tool. They work! There is hardly any mark on the bullet, defiantly not enough to effect accuracy. the price is reasonable when you compare buying all of the collets for a puller and they are for sure better than banging away with a kinetic puller.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Silver Member

Nice looking tool...Reminds me of the one I fashioned from the clamp part of a tube flaring tool years ago, dy drilling out just a smidge oversize of the two calibers I used back then...Fast and simple...Trouble was tightening the wing uts any too much would easily "squash" a thin jacketed bullet out of round..You couldn't see that with your naked eye but the Starret would pick up a tenth or two....If it was too loose and broke grip on the bullet it would score the copper...My collet puller doesn't deform like that but most times leaves a mark/ring...

What material is the Grip-N-Pull?....Will it squeeze "soft" enough not to deform them but enough to hold them without slipping?...There are probably some "space age" materials out there that might fit that ...

Thanks for sharing,
Randy
Old 06-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Silver Member

I've shot a few of the bullets I've pulled and haven't seen any impact shift with the loads. Guy said its made out of stainless steel. 304 if I remember correctly
Old 06-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNbogboy View Post
Nice looking tool...Reminds me of the one I fashioned from the clamp part of a tube flaring tool years ago, dy drilling out just a smidge oversize of the two calibers I used back then...Fast and simple...Trouble was tightening the wing uts any too much would easily "squash" a thin jacketed bullet out of round..You couldn't see that with your naked eye but the Starret would pick up a tenth or two....If it was too loose and broke grip on the bullet it would score the copper...My collet puller doesn't deform like that but most times leaves a mark/ring...

What material is the Grip-N-Pull?....Will it squeeze "soft" enough not to deform them but enough to hold them without slipping?...There are probably some "space age" materials out there that might fit that ...

Thanks for sharing,
Randy
That would be my concern with the deformation of hte bullet from excess pressure from 2 pinch points.

I love my RCBC collet puller. It is CNC'd and pinches on 3 equal sides. I have never had any issues reusing any bullets that I pulled from other handloads I had made that I decided to go a different route or change something up. The puller, and my RCBS universal decapping/depriming dies have been the best money spent in my reloading equipment, right next to my Chargemaster 1500.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Silver Member

I have used my GRIP-N-PULL a lot and it has yet to deform a bullet at all. There has been an instance where I didn't squeeze hard enough and it scored the copper a little but did not affect accuracy at all on that bullet. You could see a mark but couldn't feel it.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Silver Member

I think more people should see this. I love this new bullet puller. Works amazingly!
Old 07-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Silver Member

I would like to see how well it works on a crimped load!
The RCBS collet bullet remover doesn't work worth, you know what!!