Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Reloaders dream bullet puller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Reloaders dream bullet puller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
Wow, what a great and simple idea. So, I have a pair of long nose vise grips and just tried it using those and the same technique--marks the bullet but pulls it right out. Now, why didn't I think of that............

Randy
Randy,

LL! Look at your quote on your sig line.

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
Wow, what a great and simple idea. So, I have a pair of long nose vise grips and just tried it using those and the same technique--marks the bullet but pulls it right out. Now, why didn't I think of that............

Randy
Ya I've done it with pliers for years but this way I can reuse the bullets and not have to worry about accuracy because of the deformation of the bullet. ;)
Old 06-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Silver Member

The GRIP-N-PULL works very well.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Platinum Member

Or you could just buy a collet puller with individual collets per bullet diameter...

I use one and it has been well worth the money.

RCBS Collet Bullet Puller

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Or you could just buy a collet puller with individual collets per bullet diameter...

I use one and it has been well worth the money.

RCBS Collet Bullet Puller
With the GRIP-N-PULL you don't have to pay for all the different collets. The GRIP-N-PULL does 9 different calibers on one tool and you don't have to thread anything in you just squeeze and pull. It is a lot faster and less expensive than buying the collet puller and all the collets, works better too!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Silver Member

My thoughts exactly
Old 06-20-2013, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member

Speed between the 2 is a wash, the time saved over installing the RCBS puller and right collet would be offset by setting the other down and picking it up every time besides you pull 50 or so bullets it's going to wear on ya. Cost isn't that big of a difference, how many folks have a need to pull 9 different calibers? the RCBS and 2 collets is about the same price, and if a guy already has the RCBS the collets are $10ea.

They both are light years better than an inertia puller though. Props to the guy that came up with this new puller!
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe