Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Reloader 33 (Alliant) for "lesser" calibers [than 338]?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 01:30 AM
Silver Member

Re: Reloader 33 (Alliant) for "lesser" calibers [than 338]?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
Branwill,

I am interested in hearing how you make out with that.

I also shoot a 26" barrel M70 but in 7mmRemMag with 168gr Accubond LR's.

I settled on 79.3gr of RL-33 for 3,128Fps. It will touch rounds if I have my act together that day.

It is a 106% compression load. I seat the bullets with a bit of a crunch but the bullets stay in place.
Hi guys, I am sorry it took so long to re-post here but I just got out 2 days ago to finally shoot these loads. It looks like I need to increase the load and try in 1 grain increments up to 76 grains like the guy on the campfire post. I will try to get out and do that in the next day or so. It shows promise as my 72 grain load produced 3127 FPS to 3152 FPS in four shots. Like I mentioned before this was in my Winchester Model 70 with a pre 64 action and 26 inch barrel. I tested at 100 yards. First two shots were touching and the next two opened up a little. Still under a half inch at 100 yards with a 140 Berger hunting VLD. I am excited to see what I can get with 73-76 grains. I will post my results soon. Thanks