Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Reloaded for first time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Bronze Member

Reloaded for first time

Got a rcbs kit for christmas gift from my wife best gift ever got for christmas.So spend the next months getting all the tools i needed to reload my own manuals bullets and cases and dies and powders.Also did more reading than i did in school.Soon much stuff to learn. last week got to shoot so of the ammo that i reloaded,boy that was great the gun did not blow up i did not get hurt or anything first up was my new ruger hawkeye in .264 Win Mag. Three shots could cover with a quarter Next up was my 6.5Creedmorr in ruger target model same thing three shots in the quarter.

I am hooked for life now.I will say one thing so many different things go into reloading which dies to buy, powder,bullets,cases.One thing you will have to do is read so much great information on reloading.Got must of the best information on this forum reading the posts so i would like to thank all the guy that take time to answer questions on here.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Silver Member

Re: Reloaded for first time

congrats to you
now you are hooked. Next thing for your toy box will be a chrono.
I can soon see dime sised groups in your near future
Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member

Congrats! I'm also pretty new to this as well...I've been reloading since before Thanksgiving, but I'm like a sponge and absorbing every tip, trick, and bit of info I can find.

I am also addicted for life. Especially with the money savings after the first initial investment.

There's nothing quite like that feeling the first time you shoot some ammo you loaded and it groups really nicely.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Silver Member

Here's some more great reading for you.
Hand Loading for Long Range 1: Brass Prep
Old 03-07-2013, 10:28 AM

I'll bet your wife is regretting that gift LOL. I bought a Lyman turret press and basics several yrs ago and have since replaced everything but the press. I like reloading more than shooting. Heck I reload for my buddies just for the fun of it. It can get costly if you get the bug. Now I;m even considering the Redding T7 press.
Just remember. Primers contain lead and shot primers coat the brass so don't let kids play with the brass or tumbler. I let my kids play with the tumbler until I learned this. Even if you shoot non lead bullets there is enough lead from primer to cause damage.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasent View Post
Here's some more great reading for you.
Hand Loading for Long Range 1: Brass Prep

Thanks for the link i will read it tonight after the kids are in bed.

Bigdumboy
Old 03-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40crk View Post
I'll bet your wife is regretting that gift LOL. I bought a Lyman turret press and basics several yrs ago and have since replaced everything but the press. I like reloading more than shooting. Heck I reload for my buddies just for the fun of it. It can get costly if you get the bug. Now I;m even considering the Redding T7 press.
Just remember. Primers contain lead and shot primers coat the brass so don't let kids play with the brass or tumbler. I let my kids play with the tumbler until I learned this. Even if you shoot non lead bullets there is enough lead from primer to cause damage.

All my reloading stuff is in my man closet,under the stairs
bench fits very well and have room for hunting stuff.All my stuff is rcbs
frankfort trumbler kit.

Bigdumboy