close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Berger Bullets

Reply

Reload suggestions for a 338 Lapua Improved Lehigh bullets&Retumbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 63
Re: Reload suggestions for a 338 Lapua Improved Lehigh bullets&Retumbo

30-.338,
It has bee a few years since this post. How was your luck with the LeHigh bullets? I am having a .375 CT built and I am thinking of adding these to my inventory.
Reply With Quote
  •   #9  
    Unread 12-20-2012, 11:27 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: SF Bay Area
    Posts: 214
    Re: Reload suggestions for a 338 Lapua Improved Lehigh bullets&Retumbo

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Colcalcipherol View Post
    30-.338,
    It has bee a few years since this post. How was your luck with the LeHigh bullets? I am having a .375 CT built and I am thinking of adding these to my inventory.
    Hi Brother...I never did do any in my 338 Lapua Improved...but I did shoot a few in my .375 CheyTac. I had the Lost RIver bore which was made for solids and they did shoot well. I sold the rifle so I don't have any info for you except that we experimented with Retumbo from about 130 grains all the way to 143 g. for the 350 jacketed Sierras ( way too hot but incredible speeds!) Good luck...30-338
    __________________
    και ο μη εχων πωλησατω το ιματιον αυτου και αγορασατω μαχαιραν... Luke 22:36
    Jesus said "...and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one" Luke 22:36

    Jack Webb lectures the Prez http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4r6YCUtxfs

    How to pray for the man in the White House
    Psalm 109:5 http://bible.cc/psalms/109-8.htm
    Reply With Quote

      #10  
    Unread 12-20-2012, 11:53 PM
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 63
    Re: Reload suggestions for a 338 Lapua Improved Lehigh bullets&Retumbo

    It is really hard to resist the temptation of a hot load despite the wear and tear it may bring. Even though it really won't help you any, it sure is nice to say that you got that 375 gr chunk to fly 3200 fps. I don't want 3125 or 3192, I want 3200! Just for hoots and hollars if nothing else . . .
    Reply With Quote
      #11  
    Unread 12-21-2012, 09:08 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: SF Bay Area
    Posts: 214
    Re: Reload suggestions for a 338 Lapua Improved Lehigh bullets&Retumbo

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Colcalcipherol View Post
    It is really hard to resist the temptation of a hot load despite the wear and tear it may bring. Even though it really won't help you any, it sure is nice to say that you got that 375 gr chunk to fly 3200 fps. I don't want 3125 or 3192, I want 3200! Just for hoots and hollars if nothing else . . .
    In my experience 3200 is possible with the 350 sierra but I settled on 3100 or thereabouts with the 375 which is actually quite good if you factor in the BC improvement 30-338


    PS I know what you mean about that extra speed. When we had a few of these built I was told that we could get 3350 with the 350 Sierras but we found out differently. I guess that's a problem you run into when dealing with wildcats especially when you are among the early experimenters with a cartridge But do the ballistic charts and you will be impressed at the long range potential of the Lehigh 375 at 3100 fps ..t is really awesome!
    __________________
    και ο μη εχων πωλησατω το ιματιον αυτου και αγορασατω μαχαιραν... Luke 22:36
    Jesus said "...and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one" Luke 22:36

    Jack Webb lectures the Prez http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4r6YCUtxfs

    How to pray for the man in the White House
    Psalm 109:5 http://bible.cc/psalms/109-8.htm
    Reply With Quote
      #12  
    Unread 02-22-2013, 12:24 AM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Posts: 235
    Re: Reload suggestions for a 338 Lapua Improved Lehigh bullets&Retumbo

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 30-338 View Post
    Hi Brother...I never did do any in my 338 Lapua Improved...but I did shoot a few in my .375 CheyTac. I had the Lost RIver bore which was made for solids and they did shoot well. I sold the rifle so I don't have any info for you except that we experimented with Retumbo from about 130 grains all the way to 143 g. for the 350 jacketed Sierras ( way too hot but incredible speeds!) Good luck...30-338

    30-338 I just started researching a 375 build and was looking at the drop tables of that Lehigh at 3100fps and they are impressive!

    My question is what are the differences with a "Lost River Bore" and can they still shoot the Sierra's, or are you chained to the solids at that point?

    Thanks a bunch.
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes


    Similar Threads for: Reload suggestions for a 338 Lapua Improved Lehigh bullets&Retumbo
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Lehigh Bullets Turkey11 Muzzleloader Hunting 8 01-14-2013 01:14 PM
    Reload .338-.378KT for Nosler 250gr w/Retumbo terjeness Reloading 10 08-26-2011 08:31 PM
    F/S: Lehigh bullets and sabots jsthntn247 Reloading Equipment and Components 0 02-09-2011 05:37 PM
    338 cal Lehigh bullets buckbrush Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 3 09-30-2010 08:23 PM
    338 Lapua improved with light bullets James Jones Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 7 02-01-2008 08:34 PM


    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC