Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Redding Titanium nitrite bushings worth the money?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Redding Titanium nitrite bushings worth the money?

I use the Ti bushings in all of my dies. I originally used them without the lube but Redding told me that they recommend using a little lube for maximum consistency even with the Ti bushings.

Whether the Ti bushing is worth the extra money or not is like asking if the expensive motor oil is worth the extra money - Who knows
Old 03-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
Do you see much reduced effort in resizing the brass using the coated bushings with lube versus the non coated bushings and lube?

Steve
You'll never know the difference in resistance on the press handle. Redding recommends lube on the TN bushings anyhow to minimize the stress and strains on the case neck, which might help reduce runout.

Buy the regular ones, since you're FL sizing anyhow. I've got 15 of these bushings. Saved $180 by buying the plain Jane version. My lubed case necks never knew the difference.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
Buy the regular ones, since you're FL sizing anyhow. I've got 15 of these bushings. Saved $180 by buying the plain Jane version. My lubed case necks never knew the difference.

Thatís exactly what I wanted to know. The difference in price for 1 is no big deal but when you start acquiring bushings for multiple calibers the price difference between the 2 starts adding up fast.

If I lube the cases anyway I donít think the difference could be measured to justify the extra cost.

Thank you,
Steve