Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

RCBS vs Redding bushing full length sizer die

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Silver Member

RCBS vs Redding bushing full length sizer die

I'm looking to get a bushing sizer die and I'm not sure which one is the best/most consistant. I have never used bushing dies before, but have researched it a bit and think it may help with my reloads. I'm looking to achive consistant neck tension as well as trying to soft seat bullets to see if it will improve my accuracy. The calibers I'm looking to get these for are 6mm br, 6.5X284, and 338 lapua. These are all factory rifles, if it matters. I am planning on getting these from cabelas since I have some points built up on my card, but if there is a better bushing die please let me know I have no problem getting them else where. I haven't seen to much feedback on the RCBS die and didn't know if the redding die was that much better. Thanks for any help that you can give.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:33 PM

Re: RCBS vs Redding bushing full length sizer die

If you go the Redding route, be prepared to spend some $$$$. The bushings are kind of expensive, around $22 to $25 a piece for the titanium bushings and about $10 less for the steel bushings. You'll need at least two maybe three bushings per caliber. You don't want to reduce your neck size more than .005 at a time. I had to go with three bushings to size my necks back to .332 from .343 for my .308.

I'm not trying to scare you off. The Redding dies are good stuff, just not cheap. Another route you might what to check into is the Lee collet neck sizing die.