Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

RCBS vs. Hornady Electronic Powder Measure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Re: RCBS vs. Hornady Electronic Powder Measure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
you must be calling a different number than most everbody else. I've had excellent service out of them for the last 12 years. That chronograph is about as good as it gets I might add.
gary
I don't know. I just called their contact number from the web - 1-800-722-8462.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf18 View Post
I'm just wondering if anyone did a side by side comparison between the two. I have read plenty of articles on both, but havent' seen one with a side by side comparison. Is the RCBS version really worth the extra $100? Most of my equipment is RCBS and I love them, but at the same time why the huge price difference? Who uses these and which one do you prefer and why? Thinking of getting one to speed up my reloading from the old balance beam measuring. I haven't been reloading for long, and I have limited time so trying to make the most of the time I have. Thanks!
Yes, I have the RCBS and the Hornady running side by side and the short of it...absolutely go with RCBS. I have already returned the Hornady once because it failed to operate properly. Even when operating properly the RCBS can throw 3 or 4 loads to one thrown by the Hornady. Sometimes the Hornady locks up and just won't operate. This is not just my opinion. I work with a group of scout snipers out of camp pendleton. We get together to do reloading and exchange shooting stories. All parties in our group who have tried to use the Hornady say hands down, "Go with the RCBS".
Old 05-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member

I love my RCBS hargemaster 1500.... I couldn't imagine reloading without it. That would take forever.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Silver Member

I went back in the forum and and found an old post I put up in 2008. Wow...does time fly. I have put many pounds of powder through my RCBS. Just wish I could find some powder now...

anyway..here is my old post.

I have an RCBS Chargemaster.
I love it. fast and accurate.
I have a set of Lyman scale check weights. They are in increments of .1 to 10 gr. I had these weights checked on a research grade pharmaceutical scale that ran out to .0000. All of the weights were either dead on or within .002 gr of the stated weight. When I checked the weights on the Chargemaster scale it was right on the money. The difference being one stick of powder at most.
I have absolute 100% trust in the scale.
just my .0002 gr worth.
Ken