close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Berger Bullets

RCBS Rock Chucker Priming Tool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Silver Member

Re: RCBS Rock Chucker Priming Tool

I have been trying but thier line is constantly busy.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown
    Unread 07-24-2009, 06:51 AM
    Silver Member

Re: RCBS Rock Chucker Priming Tool

I have used both the Lee and RCBS hand priming tools. Both work well but the RCBS Lawyer inspired Tray Seperator sliding anti-set off the tray do-hickey is a little pain.

POINT:

Upside: With hand priming you can feel the primer "bottom", you can feel loose primer pockets and tight primer pockets. With a couple of coffee cans you can prime several hundred rounds while watching tv. You gain grip strength and your hand shake is firmer

Down Side: No mechanical advantage. You may have to stop after a couple of hundred. (I am 59 and am starting to notice things like this now)

Bottom Line: I will never go back to "NON-HAND" priming (at least for single stage presses and accuracy).

My 2 cents.... rc

Last edited by rhouser; 07-24-2009 at 06:52 AM. Reason: add a word