Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

RCBS prep center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Gold Member

RCBS prep center

So I got the OK to buy the prep center but before I do I wanted feedback from the pros. I read the reveiws at cabelas and they werent all that good. Under powered, The reamer doesnt work well enough. As of know I use a cordless dewalt and hook up my different attachments to it. I like the idea of everything being in one spot though. My bench already gets enough clutter. Dont reply if you dont have one. I want actual results not Ive heard they work or not.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Gold Member

Re: RCBS prep center

Geez after reading my thread I sound like a A hole Im not just want actual results. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Gold Member

I have had one for several years now. I have encountered no problems whatsoever. Works great for me. As for underpowered, you can cause the thing to bog down if you push hard enough, but there is absolutely no need to bear down with that much pressure. It's almost as valuable as my Chargemaster!

Jim

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS
Old 09-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member

I also have one and find no fault with it.

As for the power, There is no reason to bog it down. the deburring tools just need to
be touched lightly and will remove all of the burr from trimming and put a nice chamfer
on the neck.

I use mine every time I reload or prep cases.

J E CUSTOM
Old 09-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member

I've used mine for a few years now as well. I have no complaints. I have a inside primer pocket deburing tool, a primer pocket uniformer, an outside neck deburring tool, the Inside VLD neck tool, then the cleaning brush. don't deburr the case necks prior to the primer pockets... I have the tendency to cut myself if I do because of the pressure put on the primer uniforming tool. The tool has plenty of power.

I give it a thumbs up
Old 09-15-2010, 07:15 PM

I've had one for about 8 or 10 years. I don't do any reaming on it, closest I come is uniforming primer pockets. but I'm happy with it. I load reasonably high volume for prairie dogs, but i also want good accuracy. I couldn't go back to hand tools. Sometimes I wonder if the tool not rotating perfectly straight is a problem, but then I look at my groups in the high 2's or low 3's and for a varmint rifle, i think it must not be a problem. I use mine to chamfer in and out ,uniform primer pockets and cut the crimp out of military cases when loading .223, and lube and brush my case necks. I really like having everything right there and only handling a case one time.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:40 PM
GNERGY

I have had mine for over 8 yrs and use it all the time. Yes your fingers do end up hurting if you do a lot of cases, in the hundreds. It saves a lot of time. Glad I bought it.
Tarey