Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading


Reply

RCBS Powder Pro Digital Scale

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: greenwood, IN
Posts: 3,638
Re: RCBS Powder Pro Digital Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargesniper View Post
So Gary, Do you think it would be better to get the scale from Pact or go with the Chargemaster for about double the $$$ ?
Not a sob story but a fact, I'm retired now and those real big paydays are just a memory now. I am concerned about the Pact scale as i read some real negative reviews on it. Do you have the Pact or the RCBS unit? I know they were both made by Pact but it seemed that all the negative was about the Pact scale. Interested in you answer. ..... LARRY .....SEMPER FI!
On the Pact website they say that the scales are the same as long as they have the inferred port. Personally, I'd send the scale back to RCBS and let them replace it. But of course you could simply buy a new scale from RCBS or Pact as they're the same.

Are you sure the scale is bad, or is it the transformer that plugs into the wall? In the mean time I'm more than glad to loan my extra one, as I don't see me using it for at least two months.
gary
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denham Springs,Louisiana
Posts: 236
Re: RCBS Powder Pro Digital Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
On the Pact website they say that the scales are the same as long as they have the inferred port. Personally, I'd send the scale back to RCBS and let them replace it. But of course you could simply buy a new scale from RCBS or Pact as they're the same.

Are you sure the scale is bad, or is it the transformer that plugs into the wall? In the mean time I'm more than glad to loan my extra one, as I don't see me using it for at least two months.
gary
Thanks Gary for the offer but i was really trying to get something permanent. I bought the dispenser may years ago from a lady whose Husband suddenly died. There was no scale with the dispenser. I was playing with the idea of getting a scale to go with the dispenser. I throw my powder with a Redding measure and do pretty well with it. If i can get a new scale from RCBS i may go that route. I know the Pact unit is the same but i have read that it was not as good as the RCBS. Maybe the same but different? Can you still get the one with RCBS LOGO? I haven't been able to locate a new one. May have to search a little more. Thanks again GARY. .......... SEMPER FI!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: greenwood, IN
Posts: 3,638
Re: RCBS Powder Pro Digital Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargesniper View Post
Thanks Gary for the offer but i was really trying to get something permanent. I bought the dispenser may years ago from a lady whose Husband suddenly died. There was no scale with the dispenser. I was playing with the idea of getting a scale to go with the dispenser. I throw my powder with a Redding measure and do pretty well with it. If i can get a new scale from RCBS i may go that route. I know the Pact unit is the same but i have read that it was not as good as the RCBS. Maybe the same but different? Can you still get the one with RCBS LOGO? I haven't been able to locate a new one. May have to search a little more. Thanks again GARY. .......... SEMPER FI!
I would simply send RCBS an email. That scale is still in production at Pact as I checked yesterday, so I'd bet they can get one. You got your dispenser the same way I did. I found one for $65 gently used, but no scale. I sent it back to Pact for the upgrades, and I already had a spare scale with the port on the side. I like the newer RCBS, but the one I have works just fine.
gary
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denham Springs,Louisiana
Posts: 236
Re: RCBS Powder Pro Digital Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
I would simply send RCBS an email. That scale is still in production at Pact as I checked yesterday, so I'd bet they can get one. You got your dispenser the same way I did. I found one for $65 gently used, but no scale. I sent it back to Pact for the upgrades, and I already had a spare scale with the port on the side. I like the newer RCBS, but the one I have works just fine.
gary
Thanks GARY,that is what i will do. May get lucky and find one after all.
......SEMPER FI! ...LARRY
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denham Springs,Louisiana
Posts: 236
Re: RCBS Powder Pro Digital Scale

RCBS said they no longer have the scale. ............... SEMPER FI!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: greenwood, IN
Posts: 3,638
Re: RCBS Powder Pro Digital Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargesniper View Post
RCBS said they no longer have the scale. ............... SEMPER FI!
call Pact to see what they have. Like I said, I'll loan you mine till you find something. I probably won't use it till October at the soonest.
gary
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: greenwood, IN
Posts: 3,638
Re: RCBS Powder Pro Digital Scale

Midway has the scale in stock for $129.
gary
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC