Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

RCBS Powder Pro Digital Scale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 01:38 AM
Silver Member

RCBS Powder Pro Digital Scale

Need help finding this scale to match up to powder dispenser. This it the one with the infrared beam that communicates with the dispenser. .... SEMPER FI!
Old 07-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Platinum Member

Re: RCBS Powder Pro Digital Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargesniper View Post
Need help finding this scale to match up to powder dispenser. This it the one with the infrared beam that communicates with the dispenser. .... SEMPER FI!
I think you'll find the scale in the Pact catalog. Pact made them for RCBS
gary
Old 07-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Bronze Member

just had one in my hands a few hours ago. sportsman's warehouse phoenix az. RCBS 1500 199.99$
Old 07-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member

all the OP needs is the scale itself. You can buy a new one from Pact with the inferred port. They also built the ones that RCBS used.
gary
Old 07-09-2013, 02:07 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
all the OP needs is the scale itself. You can buy a new one from Pact with the inferred port. They also built the ones that RCBS used.
gary
Thanks Gary,that is what i thought. have read some conflicting reports about the Pact unit. I have the dispenser but it is useless without the scale. Do not know which way to go at this point. Might be better off with the 1500 Chargemaster. A bit more $$ but maybe better off in the long run. Thanks for the help. ...... SEMPER FI!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargesniper View Post
Thanks Gary,that is what i thought. have read some conflicting reports about the Pact unit. I have the dispenser but it is useless without the scale. Do not know which way to go at this point. Might be better off with the 1500 Chargemaster. A bit more $$ but maybe better off in the long run. Thanks for the help. ...... SEMPER FI!
the older RCBS was actually built by Pact (dispenser). I have one that like you I picked up with out the scale. I already had one gathering dust. Worked well. They are not as fast as the "1500", but very accurate. I like the ease of cleaning out the left over powder inside the unit better than the others. Some guys don't like the idea of having to recalibrate the unit everytime they change powder. For me, this makes common sense! For me speed in reloading can often be a dangerous proposition!
gary
Old 07-10-2013, 02:44 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
the older RCBS was actually built by Pact (dispenser). I have one that like you I picked up with out the scale. I already had one gathering dust. Worked well. They are not as fast as the "1500", but very accurate. I like the ease of cleaning out the left over powder inside the unit better than the others. Some guys don't like the idea of having to recalibrate the unit everytime they change powder. For me, this makes common sense! For me speed in reloading can often be a dangerous proposition!
gary
So Gary, Do you think it would be better to get the scale from Pact or go with the Chargemaster for about double the $$$ ?
Not a sob story but a fact, I'm retired now and those real big paydays are just a memory now. I am concerned about the Pact scale as i read some real negative reviews on it. Do you have the Pact or the RCBS unit? I know they were both made by Pact but it seemed that all the negative was about the Pact scale. Interested in you answer. ..... LARRY .....SEMPER FI!