Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

RCBS Chargemaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Platinum Member

Re: RCBS Chargemaster

Good one Mike.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Silver Member

Re: RCBS Chargemaster

When I was resetting the Chargemaster's zero setting I figured I needed to re-zero it as I had lifted it up and tipped it sideways to dump out the powder as its lower than the top of the powder can and I had taken off the pan and wights when I did this. (they will fall off anyway when you tilt it) I might next time find a bowl or something to empty the powder into to solve this problem. I might also find something that will fit under the trickler tube to catch the powder that comes out the tube as even a slight bump will drop a few kernel's out of the tube.
There are ways to ground electronic equipment to protect against static shock that I know of that might help with the static electricity and solve the problem with sticks of powder sticking all over the machine. (Really dry day that day with very little humidity) I'm going to try a few things and see what I can come up with.
Mo, I had all that info and went through the procedure in the book step by step and when I reached step 5 it reacted normally and went like it is supposed to. Step 6 when I put the pan back on nothing happened, it showed no weight. Its supposed to give you the wight of the pan and then you hit zero to account for that weight and then only show the powder load but it would not give me a reading for the pan or anything else for that matter.