Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

RCBS chargemaster...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member

re: RCBS chargemaster...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Gary, you also make an excellent point. Very well could be a combination of things.
what I would do is to get my hands on a couple .0005" dial indicators, and a couple devices to hold them in place. Then start doing some heavy work while looking for flex. Also remember that a good rule of the thumb is that whatever error you see will usually come out double that in the end(or close to double). You maybe scared to death with what you find out. It took me forever to prove this out on one of my brother's presses that he was so dearly in love with. I rebuilt it for him, and he's even more dearly in love with it<g>! His dies alone were moving well over three thousandths under heavy pressure. His compound error came out close to .012", and how he ever got a good case I'll never understand. But he sized a lot of really long strait walled cases with it (like 50-110's)
gary
Old 03-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
I bought a set of .44 Mag dies back in October, and the expander die body had a huge chunk torn in it like it was smacked really hard on something, and these were brand new and had never been used. I called RCBS and they sent me a whole new die body for free and quickly. I was able to file down the old one and clean it up enough to use without any issues. When I called them I was just gonna let them know of the issue, and not for them to send me a new one, but they insisted on sending a new one anyway. LOL
My all time favorite deal like that is with a Lo-Wall I've had for eons (actually lost it in the back row of the safe). I ordered in a new set of gloss bases and rings from Leupold, and they came with the wrong screws. Called them up and they sent me another set that were still not right. A third call got me some screws that were about a half inch too long. Kinda pissed me off as I hate cutting off real small screws. So I sat the rifle back in the safe till I had the time to make new screws. Later I decided to call Burris to see if they had bases in stock. The lady I talked was very cordial and said that they didn't make them anymore, but she'd go ahead and check the wharehouse for me. They had one set that was uninventoried, and she just gave them to me! I insisted on paying her for them, and she wouldn't have it!! I'd have gladly payed her the $40 for them without the slightest whimper
gary
Old 01-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra25-06 View Post
Well around 2 weeks wait to here back from RCBS. I have to pay $45 to send it in. Yes thats cheaper than a new one but this product has now cost me almost $400 and lasted less than a year. Then the rebate and recipt I sent in over 5 months ago that I still have not recived. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Remember make copies of your recipts!!!
Any update?

Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope

Remington 700 LSS .257 Weatherby Magnum
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle Scope
Old 01-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamehawker View Post
Any update?
While you are waiting for an answer, I'll add that I love my Chargemaster and it has worked flawlessly for me for 4 years. I could not imagine going back to a balance beam for loading on a regular basis. If mine ever breaks, it will be quickly replaced by another.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 01-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
While you are waiting for an answer, I'll add that I love my Chargemaster and it has worked flawlessly for me for 4 years. I could not imagine going back to a balance beam for loading on a regular basis. If mine ever breaks, it will be quickly replaced by another.
Times two with 1000's of rounds loaded

Jeff
Old 01-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Silver Member

Call RCBS they have a excellent customer service even without a receipt.

I Have had my RCBS Chargemaster for 5 years with excellent results
Old 01-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member

5 years running now. Lots of rounds loaded and not one single problem. It's funny to look back now and think about me loading with a balance beam scale.