Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

RCBS chargemaster...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Platinum Member

re: RCBS chargemaster...

I love my Chargemaster 1500....Works great!

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra25-06 View Post
Just went to do some reloading today and my chargemaster no longer works. power comes on and thats it. I purchased less than 1yr ago. Problem now is I dont have my receipt because I sent it in for the rebate and did not think to make a copy of it. After doing some research I have found this to be a common problem with this equipment. It also somehow got past my eyes that this product is made in CHINA. I have sent a email to RCBS in hope this get's fixed but won't be crossing my fingers. I also found quite the interesting acronym for RCBS on other sites. Wish I would have made a copy of my receipt.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:24 PM
Bronze Member

Just get their address, box it up and ship it to them with a note stating the problem, they will replace it.
If by chance you bounced it off the floor like I did, they will want $45.00 for replacement. RCBS has been great for years and stand behind their products.
For fun, do post what RCBS stands for on other sites.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo-2 View Post
Just get their address, box it up and ship it to them with a note stating the problem, they will replace it.
If by chance you bounced it off the floor like I did, they will want $45.00 for replacement. RCBS has been great for years and stand behind their products.
For fun, do post what RCBS stands for on other sites.
I'm curious as well.....Seems alot of people seem to not like RCBS dies, but I have nothing but praises for my RCBS equipment. Guess most people just don't know how to properly use their euipment?

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
I'm curious as well.....Seems alot of people seem to not like RCBS dies, but I have nothing but praises for my RCBS equipment. Guess most people just don't know how to properly use their euipment?
they make a pretty good die set, but most end users don't expect them to run with a Redding or a Forster from the start. I see little difference between the RCBS full length dies and the Reddings, but that's maybe just me as well. There is a difference in the seaters, and the Forster and Redding are much better. First thing you have to remember is that they are simply a tool, and there's nothing magic about them. I own several sets, and for what I bought them for they do a good job.

The Chargemaster; I'm not familure with that much, and will probably never own one. I do have another brand, and it works OK for anything I do. Yet rarely take it out of the box.
gary
Old 02-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Platinum Member

Gary...

Interestingly, I use Redding sizing dies but only use the RCBS Competiton Front Load Micrometer bullet seater. IMO, it's superior to all others.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Gold Member

Mine has worked well for 5 yrs or so