Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Questions about reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 04:21 PM

Re: Questions about reloading

ok as for what im loading guess i didnt make it clear enough sorry. i will list again so easier.

30-06 110-180 grain
.40 havent decided on what grain for target loads

those are for starting. once i get those worked out. i will be adding 9mm, .45, .270, 12guage shot and slug, as well as 300magnum.

then once wife gets her .38 ladysmith ill be reloading those as well. As for mounts for press im carpenter and can build anything for it in many styles The table im building for to use will be able to hold over 1,000lbs and be steady so shouldn't have any problems. mount i am making for press will be adjustable so wife can use it comfortably as well. I have no problems with table design part. but i thank you for your ideas.

hand priming would be to tedious for me. dealing with the small primes would drive me nuts lol i have back problems "yes i can work press" so standing long periods would be uncomfortable. but i would still like to accomplish a lot with time i do have. all my rounds well at least 90% will be just target practice and fun loads. recoil suppressed.... but will also make small batches of hunting rounds. i can list exact bullet, powder, primer, casing if you like.

reason i like the hornady or progressive presses. is i don't need as many presses or equipment spread out. i have room but i like to keep things compact.

as for dies i am looking for the die sets for both the 30-06 and .40. i am little confused as for brass/bullets for the 30-06. since its similar to .308 some say use .308 brass/bullets. others say get ones for 30-06 and trim them. for reloading atm that is my point of confusion. other then where to buy inexpensively. wife and kid enjoy shooting with me. and since we own a farm we can shoot all day long if we wish.

And at that rate spending way to much on ammo. We can easily "when can afford of course" go threw 800-900 in ammo a month if we have the money. of course dont want to pay for kits that expensive just yet. i do plan on down road getting another press. but for now mass production of target rounds is fine. when i need exact loads i will switch to a single stage press.

but that will be when/if i get into tournament shooting. when you mention items please post a link to it so i can find what your describing. some times my searches don't bring up same item/kit your talking about. very common for me to end up finding 20-30 variety of it lol

Thank you all once again for direction and information. it is much appreciated