Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Question on Norma Brass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Bronze Member

Question on Norma Brass

I am in a pinch for brass, like most people now, and am putting together a new .284 and trying to gather components. The only brass I can find is Norma 6.5x.284, I don't mind necking it up, I am just curious how hard and durableit is? I have very little experience with it, but from my limited use it seems to be good, although I have limited firings on each casing. I have read that older Norma brass was too soft but with so little options I was hoping the newe rbrass would get decent reviews. Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Question on Norma Brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
I am in a pinch for brass, like most people now, and am putting together a new .284 and trying to gather components. The only brass I can find is Norma 6.5x.284, I don't mind necking it up, I am just curious how hard and durableit is? I have very little experience with it, but from my limited use it seems to be good, although I have limited firings on each casing. I have read that older Norma brass was too soft but with so little options I was hoping the newe rbrass would get decent reviews. Thanks
As far as commercial brass goes, you probably won't find any better then Norma. I have gotten more firings on Norma brass then any other by far. I have some 308 brass, that I have actually forgot how many firings. It doesn't seem to grow, or stretch. Primer pockets are still tight, and necks hold up well. I must add that I have had the same good luck with Lapua brass as well. I formed some awesome 25-06 brass from Lapua 30-06 years ago, and I got tons of use from it.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Bronze Member

That's good to hear! Thank you for your input
Old 03-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stw View Post
As far as commercial brass goes, you probably won't find any better then Norma. I have gotten more firings on Norma brass then any other by far. I have some 308 brass, that I have actually forgot how many firings. It doesn't seem to grow, or stretch. Primer pockets are still tight, and necks hold up well. I must add that I have had the same good luck with Lapua brass as well. I formed some awesome 25-06 brass from Lapua 30-06 years ago, and I got tons of use from it.
I have had the same experience with both 300WM and 6.5x284 Norma brass. Holds up as well as Lapua.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt