Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Quality reloading equipment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 04:27 PM

Quality reloading equipment

Hi all,
I知 new here, my name is Greg. I知 thinking to buy reloading equipment from scratch. In Poland where I live there is no much information about such things, so I ask for advise. It is going to cost me few bobs to get it sent to Poland where I live, so I知 looking for the good quality stuff. Could you be kind and shear with me your opinion about good equipment, please. I will work on 38 special, 6.5x55 Swedish, 9mm para, 0.308 Win mag and 0.338 Lapua magnum. I do not mind to pay good money for the equipment but I need something to last and work perfectly. Any suggestion?
Many thanks.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Quality reloading equipment

I have been reloading for over 40 years and I use RCBS or Redding equipment.
Rock Chucker is still chucking rocks from 22-250 to 416 remington magnum. Does pistols from 9mm to 460 S&W
Old 10-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Silver Member

+1

Get the Rock Chucker Supreme kit. Comes with almost everything you need. Get some dies, powder, primers, brass, bullets and a shell holder and you will be set to reload. For your pistol you might be interested in casting your own bullets. Look into Lee molds and the lee production pot.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Bronze Member

RCBS, Redding, Lyman, Hornady all make quality equipment.

"An armed society is a polite society"--Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

"Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery...all else is twaddle!"--Admiral Sir John Fisher, RN
Old 10-09-2011, 04:34 AM
Platinum Member

I strongly recommend that you contact Sinclair International -

Top Rated Supplier of Firearm Reloading Equipment, Supplies, and Tools - Sinclair Intl

They have an extensive line of reloading products, they are a great source for expert advice, and they are familiar with overseas shipping.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarbuz View Post
Hi all,
I知 new here, my name is Greg. I知 thinking to buy reloading equipment from scratch. In Poland where I live there is no much information about such things, so I ask for advise. It is going to cost me few bobs to get it sent to Poland where I live, so I知 looking for the good quality stuff. Could you be kind and shear with me your opinion about good equipment, please. I will work on 38 special, 6.5x55 Swedish, 9mm para, 0.308 Win mag and 0.338 Lapua magnum. I do not mind to pay good money for the equipment but I need something to last and work perfectly. Any suggestion?
Many thanks.
go back and do a little research on various pieces of equipment. I use a Forster Co-Ax press and mostly Forster dies, but do own a few other brands here and there. Also have an RCBS press for odd jobs that are harder to do on the Co-Ax. I wouldn't bother with micometer head dies, unless you just gotta have them. I use a little Lyman 55 measurer and a Harrell, the Harrell is probably way over the top for your needs. I sometimes seat primers with the Forster, but most of the time I do it with a K&M hand priming tool. You'll need a case trimmer, and recommend the Wilson as I think it cuts the squarest. You'll also need a powder trickeler and a scale of some kind. Some folks like the old style beam scales and others like digital ones. I use three different PACTS.

Sinclair used to sell a book on precision reloading, and I do recommend this book! I got mine from Fred before it was ever published, and it was an education in itself.
gary
Old 10-09-2011, 12:34 PM

Amen to the RCBS rock chucker, got mine back in 1974