Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

pulling bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 12:36 PM

pulling bullets

how well does the GRIP-N-PULL bullet puller work on hard cast lead bullets. the tool looks like a winner.............thanks, mister c..........p.s. do you know the address of the manufacture
Old 08-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member

Re: pulling bullets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
how well does the GRIP-N-PULL bullet puller work on hard cast lead bullets. the tool looks like a winner.............thanks, mister c..........p.s. do you know the address of the manufacture
tag for info...
I've been unable to get my rcbs collet to work with cast; I have used inertial pullers sucessfully with cast in the past though. I'd like to hear more on this one.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

I would too in as much as I don't have one. I've always used a banger/puller anyway. I can see the issue (Lefty) with HC. It's inherently slippery.

BTW, I sent Len an e-mail and asked him about a sub forum for hand cast and factory HC lead pills and techniques for manufacture and loading.....

I would say (tongue-in-cheek) that if the Grip-n-Pull has smooth bores, it would not be a satisfactory puller for HC lead pills. You'd have the same issue as a collet puller, no grip on a soft (softer than gilding metal at least) outer shell.

Sectional density is much less on a HCL pill versus a normal hunting or for that matter, pistol round.

if the bores are serrated. it should work??

Maybe we will hear from the Grip-n-Pull folks???
Old 08-21-2013, 12:48 AM
Bronze Member

Send them an Email. Brandon got back to me in less than a day. 40 bucks per, there are three different ones, small bore, large bore and pistol bore. Heres the email grip_n_pull@yahoo.com
Old 08-21-2013, 07:11 AM
Platinum Member

After watching the u-tube vid I believe it would work, but you'd need to squeeze hard and possibly at one diameter under to get a bit of edge bite. For the most part with cast you would still be re-casting your pulls unless you use a kinetic puller I'd bet. Distortion kills with any collet or grab puller and cast, whether pliers, collets, or this.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Hello all, I have pulled several lead cast bullets with the GRIP-N-PULL. It has worked very well as long as there is something there to grab onto. Obviously it won't work on wad cutters but most other types it has done well. We offer a money back guarantee if you are unhappy with it. As long as it has something to grab onto it will pull it. The holes are not smooth as we make it so they have good grip. If you want to try one or have questions feel free to call.

208-684-4850

Thanks

Brandon