Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Which progressive reloading kit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Which progressive reloading kit?

My main goal for reloading myself is to cut down the cost, so I can enjoy more shooting, either on the range or on the field. Should I start up with single stage press then eventually upgrade to progressive press? Or maybe just bite the bullet to invest in a progressive kit to get over with it? Thanks.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Bronze Member

Hi, 7mmSendaro, do you find reloading big bore bullet on a single stage press more efficient than a progressive one? If precise control is what you want, what about time spend on reloading them? Does it takes much longer time to reload on a single stage press?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmsendaro View Post
come on, he came here asking for help, not criticism.
+1 +2 +3 + + + + amen!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 11-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester 69 View Post
BTW, for most people, sighting in a scope doesn't requires boxes of ammunition.
LOL That's what I was thinking.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:23 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmSendaro View Post
Come on, he came here asking for help, not criticism.
I don't consider giving a person an idea of where his deficiencies lay to be criticism. Telling him to get a progressive reloading press will not improve his situation and could get him hurt.

Wizard, you need to learn a lot more before you make decisions regarding reloading equipment, which was my purpose in recommending the book. You should also get a reloading manual, Lyman's is good, as well as Speer's and Hornady's, and it will give you a much better of idea of what constitutes reloading before you attempt it. Start out with a single-stage press, as too much is going on simultaneously with a progressive. Until your reloading volume is adequate to require a progressive (which would be considerable), stay with the simpler process.

BTW, Hornady is making a pretty decent progressive press these days. You should be able to make your own decisions when the time comes.

Last edited by Winchester 69; 11-12-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester 69 View Post
I don't consider giving a person an idea of where his deficiencies lie to be criticism. Telling him to get a progressive reloading press will not improve his situation and could get him hurt.

Wizard, you need to learn a lot more before you make decisions regarding reloading equipment, which was my purpose in recommending the book. You should also get a reloading manual, Lyman's is good, as well as Speer's and Hornady's, and it will give you a much better of idea of what constitutes reloading before you attempt it. Start out with a single-stage press, as too much is going on simultaneously with a progressive. Until your reloading volume is adequate to require a progressive (which would be considerable), stay with the simpler process.

BTW, Hornady is making a pretty decent progressive press these days. You should be able to make your own decisions when the time comes.
Thanks for the honest advice Winchester 69. I will go and get a couple of relaoding manual first to get a thorough understanding of reloading before I jump in to anything.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardM View Post
Thanks for the honest advice, Winchester 69. I will go and get a couple of reloading manuals first to get a thorough understanding of reloading before I jump into anything.
I'm glad you understand the intent of my postings. I apologize for being undiplomatic, but your needs weren't being met, and I wanted for you to realize that.

You will have questions as you learn, and there are a number of forums on which to post them.

Last edited by Winchester 69; 11-12-2008 at 04:17 PM.