Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Press?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Press?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe0121 View Post
How MUCH do you plan to re-load. For high volume there is none better than Dillon. But it's big $$$$

actually there is better in progressive presses, but also not cheap as well. Myself, I'll stick with my old clunker. It loads strait and accurately every stroke.
gary
Old 05-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
actually there is better in progressive presses, but also not cheap as well. Myself, I'll stick with my old clunker. It loads strait and accurately every stroke.
gary
What is better than the Dillon.

Not doubting your opinion just interested in it.

"Let glorious acts more glorious acts inspire,
And catch from breast to breast the noble fire!
On valour's side the odds of combat lie,
The brave live glorious, or lamented die;" - Iliad, Book V
Old 05-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:

I just sold my 550B because I dont think they are as accurate as a single stage per individual cartridge....but as Progressive presses goes...Dillon tops them all. And has customer service to beat the band to back up their products
Old 05-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
I just sold my 550B because I dont think they are as accurate as a single stage per individual cartridge....but as Progressive presses goes...Dillon tops them all. And has customer service to beat the band to back up their products
I agree. Though for pistol or say at15 fodder a progressive is the way to go. Wish I could afford a 550b to load up for my mini14 and pistols

"Let glorious acts more glorious acts inspire,
And catch from breast to breast the noble fire!
On valour's side the odds of combat lie,
The brave live glorious, or lamented die;" - Iliad, Book V
Old 05-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:

Posenes Warren (sp), and one other (maybe a Starr). The latter I can picture in my head, but can't remember the actual brand name. Both were hydraulic operated, and when aligned correctly really spit out nice ammo. But you also could buy several Dillons for that kind of money. I would love to have a P&W shot shell loader (they work in a very similar way). It's the only press better than a MEC. Know somebody that has both of them (P&W's), but would let them go for his life.
gary
Old 05-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I agree. Though for pistol or say at15 fodder a progressive is the way to go. Wish I could afford a 550b to load up for my mini14 and pistols
I have several friends that got on that band wagon, and only two kept them. But one also shot in hand gun meets almost entirely (PPC and bowling pin shoots). The other guy just could not be convinced that he could do better no matter what he had. Now I got to go thru this same scenero again with a guy at my VFW post (we are organizing a monthly shooting affair)
gary
Old 05-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I know where you comming from. An AR can be made to shoot very accurately, and will benifit from better ammo. Have not messed around with a Mini 14 in many years, and that's a different story. Plus I can spit out a hundred rounds pretty quickly in a single stage if and when I get organized. For me it takes longer to prime and dump powder than anything else. I can seat a bullet in about 30 seconds. But I also never get into too much of a hurry anyway.
gary