Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

powder scale ??????witch one ???????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Gold Member

Re: powder scale ??????witch one ???????

I use the gem pro that jackin sent you a link to, its super accurate but a bit finicky until warmed up. Also heard alot of good things about pact.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Platinum Member

It's definitely not under $100, and it A/C powered, but I use the RCBS Charge Master 1500 electronic dispenser and scale setup. It's well worth the money. Mine works great.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Silver Member

You are not getting a quality electronic scale for under a hundred dollars unless you happen upon a used scale at a steal of a deal. Get a quality beam scale and be done with it. All kinds of problems with ac scales and even with the best you need to work on managing the electricity flow and worry about things like the air conditioner kicking on. Gravity works every time. I'm going back to a beam scale myself. I have an old Lyman M5 off at Scott Parker to be tuned and when it gets back the electronic scale is for brass only.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Bushman View Post
I use the gem pro that jackin sent you a link to, its super accurate but a bit finicky until warmed up. Also heard alot of good things about pact.
I bought the GemPro to use as a "double check" with my RCBS Chargemaster 1500. The beauty is that they agree.

In addition, it's generally easier to use to weigh bullets, cases, etc on the GemPro. I tend to turn it on 24 hours before I need it, or sometimes leave it on if I'll be coming back to it in a day or so. It definitely takes time to warm up even with filters on the electrical line to eliminate spikes. The Chargemaster seems ready immediately.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Platinum Member

Currently using a RCBS 1500 without auto dispenser and love it.

Had the 750, hated it. Inconsistent. Took it back for RCBS 1500.

Have hornady 1500, hate it. Inconsistent. Worthless, but it was cheap.

Have a Dillon, used to love it, now it is inconsistent and no longer usesful.

I think ou should spend the extra for the RCBS and get it from Cabelas. If it does not work correctly they exchange no questions. One of the few things I like about that store.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
I bought the GemPro to use as a "double check" with my RCBS Chargemaster 1500. The beauty is that they agree.

In addition, it's generally easier to use to weigh bullets, cases, etc on the GemPro. I tend to turn it on 24 hours before I need it, or sometimes leave it on if I'll be coming back to it in a day or so. It definitely takes time to warm up even with filters on the electrical line to eliminate spikes. The Chargemaster seems ready immediately.
Good to know