Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading


Reply

Powder

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 08-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 6,362
Re: Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyshm View Post
Local high end gun shop is selling two 8lb buckets for 250. I almost choked when I saw that.
That's only $15.63 /pound.....My local store sells it for $28.99 / pound, and they DON'T carry the 8 lb kegs... I wouldn't be complaining if I were you.

Also, can I get that store's name & number? It's for....ummmm....personal reasons....Yeah that's it...personal reasons...
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,095
Re: Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
That's only $15.63 /pound.....My local store sells it for $28.99 / pound, and they DON'T carry the 8 lb kegs... I wouldn't be complaining if I were you.

Also, can I get that store's name & number? It's for....ummmm....personal reasons....Yeah that's it...personal reasons...
If I'm a betting man, I'd say they're asking $250 each for those 8 pounders...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 3,464
Re: Powder

Will the real price please stand up??

In reality, unless you are loading for a potential spate of civil unrest, a pound of powder should do just fine.
__________________
'It's not about me, it's about we'..........
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: N.D.
Posts: 3,156
Re: Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Will the real price please stand up??

In reality, unless you are loading for a potential spate of civil unrest, a pound of powder should do just fine.
aren't we???

I don't know about the o.p., but I like to keep a couple of hundred loaded for each rifle I have a load for. I also keep enough on hand to re-stuff that ammo at least once. That eats up just a bit of gun cotton.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Posts: 2,770
Re: Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Will the real price please stand up??
Sorry, but you are the last person i would have expected to make an Eminem quote. LOL. Now i have "the real slim shady" stuck in my head.

Keep an eye open on powder valley, third generation shooting supply, and midsouth shooters supply.
__________________

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 3,464
Re: Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty7mmstw View Post
aren't we???

I don't know about the o.p., but I like to keep a couple of hundred loaded for each rifle I have a load for. I also keep enough on hand to re-stuff that ammo at least once. That eats up just a bit of gun cotton.
Yes, it does. I have so many 223's loaded I don't think I could shoot them all before I die..... Got on a 223 kick a couple years back and loaded a gob. Looked in the ammunition cabinet. Some are dated 2009. Hundreds hell, thousands. Same with 308's. Cabelas loves me, I buy lots of ammunition boxes.

Interestingly, I don't own an AR, just a Savage 223 bolt rifle and my benchrest 223.

I'm a suker for a good deal on brass and usually Wideners has good deals on 308 and 223 LC OFMB. Been known to buy a couple thousand at a crack.

IMO, you can't have enough 45 Auto and 45LC's.
__________________
'It's not about me, it's about we'..........
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: N.D.
Posts: 3,156
Re: Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Interestingly, I don't own an AR, just a Savage 223 bolt rifle and my benchrest 223.

I'm a suker for a good deal on brass and usually Wideners has good deals on 308 and 223 LC OFMB. Been known to buy a couple thousand at a crack.

IMO, you can't have enough 45 Auto and 45LC's.
I've done a bit of business with wideners too. Usually rifle pills or mil. surp. powder.
I don't even have a semi- auto pistol. I've got a bolt action 22-250 and a revolver in 44.
Got an AR and 1K+ ammo for the little pop gun though. She holds her own to 1/4 mile on peeps with 75's.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC