Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

are people hoarding already?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Platinum Member

Re: are people hoarding already?

I have my normal 40 + lbs of powder, couple thousand bullets, maybe 8000 or so primers and 500 pcs of brass. But this thread is making me nervous I better pic up a few more bullets. For me it is not so much hoarding as it is buying in large lots of the same components. Plus I hate it when I have to hunt for things so I invest in a nice little stash.

Jeff
Old 06-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Silver Member

Received an email from Midway or Brownell's this week, stating that the shortage is due to several things this go round vs the 2008 shortage which was influence more by the election. This time it is the combination of election, military orders, and the huge influx of the new shooters from the 2008 election. More gun owners....more ammo needed!!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Platinum Member

The way the supply on everything has been lately, it is a no brainer. You've got to have at least a two year supply on the shelf or you've got trouble when they decide your particular toy doesn't warrant the same level of production. The scramble seems to commence every time that happens lately. I have been hit by the 405 win going down to 1 factory load( brass and ammo was sold out for two months or more), and the 7stw seems to be that way now. Win isn't making brass anymore, and rem went to seasonal.
I keep at least 200 rounds on the shelf loaded for each rifle. I cast for the 30, the 375, the 405, and the 44 pistol, so I will always have at least some access to bullets.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Gold Member

The prices will NEVER be this cheap again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peeeeelllloooosssssiiiiieeeeee & the (D)s will come after your STUFF if~n they ever get total power again!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Silver Member

I agree with the above. I think it has a lot to do with the election but I think it has a lot to do with wars and new shooters. My club has seen an "explosion" of new shooters going back to the last election, most can't shoot and won't spend the time to learn, they just love to have their hand cannon go bang, gosh can they blow thru cash. I never see any of these guys clean their guns and that does not make for a committed shooter.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
I have my normal 40 + lbs of powder, couple thousand bullets, maybe 8000 or so primers and 500 pcs of brass. But this thread is making me nervous I better pic up a few more bullets. For me it is not so much hoarding as it is buying in large lots of the same components. Plus I hate it when I have to hunt for things so I invest in a nice little stash.

Jeff
+1 amen
But is it actually Hoarding or just trying to be prepared? 50 years ago nobody would have called a boy scout a hoarder. Just because I am paranoid does not mean I am wrong to be. History can and does show the future.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Platinum Member

Saddest will be that day when we each receive court orders to turn it all in...
That's when the delusion ends