Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

OSHA has me hoarding, how about you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Platinum Member

OSHA has me hoarding, how about you?

I've officially begun my hoarding on the off chance that this OSHA powder, primers and ammo thing will cause a mess for some time.

I can't say how much I've hoarded up for fear of tripping some national alert but I should be set for a few barrel lifetimes.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave King View Post
I've officially begun my hoarding on the off chance that this OSHA powder, primers and ammo thing will cause a mess for some time.

I can't say how much I've hoarded up for fear of tripping some national alert but I should be set for a few barrel lifetimes.
Down here actual regulations are drying the market as well as the handloaders stocks...seems to be an international movement on us.

Hoarding the components is a smart move, but we MUST defeat those ridiculous ideas...otherwise I don't know where on earth, reloading and shooting in general will be the same for the future.:mad::mad:

LoadBaseŠ Desktop & Mobile editions - the ballistics/reloading software solution
http://www.patagoniaballistics.com
Old 07-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member

Hoarding is a bad thing.....especialy if you have more than me
I gota believe that hoarding is ½ the price increase we have ben experinceing lately. Better safe than sorry though!
Old 07-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Platinum Member

Me too but wasnt sure why. I try to buy 100 rounds of ammo every payday.

NRA Life Member
Old 07-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Gold Member

No need to sock away anything. It's too dangerous anyway. I personally don't want a thousand pounds of powder and a hundred thousand primers in my home. You'll always be able to buy all your componets even if it is illegle. You might have to go downtown and take a few chances to score a pound of 4350 or a case of 215s however. If the Feds can't stop all the illegal stuff coming into this country, do you think they will be able to stop reloading contraban?
db
Old 07-16-2007, 06:29 AM

Even if it is illegal........hmmmm....sounds like this is what they are looking for.....it gives them another reason to say ..."see gun owners are trouble and they dont mind admitting it"....some things are better left unsaid...
Old 07-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Platinum Member

Graf just got another 100,000 Federal 210s. If you want any, better get them, they are going fast.

Federal just got a big war order and so did winchester. primers are getting scarce and expensive if you can find them.

BH