Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Nosler plant explosion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Bronze Member

Nosler plant explosion

Safety Issues Mean Cautious Investigation Of Nosler Blast - News Story - KTVZ Bend
Old 06-04-2010, 05:05 AM
Silver Member

Re: Nosler plant explosion

Wow! I'm so glad they all made it out of there with no serious injuries or loss of life. Good that they had practiced evacuation drills.

I hope they are able to put the folks back to work soon.

Fitch
Old 06-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Bronze Member

They mentioned in the article that no one was hurt. The production equipment was not damaged and they expected to be back in production in 30 days.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Gold Member

Nosler is recovering and will be back to normal very soon!

JD338
Old 06-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member

Sounds like it happened in a document storage area, it will be interesting to hear what triggered the explosion and what was the explosive material.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForneyRider View Post
They mentioned in the article that no one was hurt. The production equipment was not damaged and they expected to be back in production in 30 days.
Yep. They let some of the non production workers back already. Even named a contractor for the repair..................BUT..... At nearly 1,000,000 bullets per day (and theyve been ''down'' how long?) its gonna take a while to recover.
Im a HUGE Nosler fan and I want em' up and runnin asap. But the reality of it all is that even yesterday the local news said that an employees firearm ''was the cause''.........I ask; 1) how, 2) what did it ignite to cause an explosion that large, 3) How did any firearm in a controlled environment (balistics test lab) not to mention a non-compressed environment do anything other than pop. ??? Somebody's not commin clean IMO, and I for one dont think any real production will take place untill its cleared up.
I just wish I had more Nosler bullets stored up to hold out untill production is re established and the shelves are re stocked. I have NO plans to bail on my favorite bullets and manufacturer even if it takes a long time. I just hope they are up and runnin soon. Besides, I gotta go back down to the custom shop again to get my Redding dies at a lower price than I can find anywhere else, and see if the BLR 325WSM I wanted is there on consignment still.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 06-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Platinum Member

winmag, I thought they first reported the explosion took place in a document storage area but, based on your post did it take place in the Ballistic lab area? Not sure how far apart Redmond is from Bend but, I guess your getting the latest info from the local news...yes?