Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

No load data for a chosen bullet, now what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Platinum Member

Re: No load data for a chosen bullet, now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggc1960 View Post
Well, I fired off an email last nite to see what the good folks at Hornady have to say. If they should decline to respond before I get ready, I'll try something like what your saying.
You say similar weight; the closest "similar" I see for that cartridge is 10grs lighter. Do you think I can start at the upper lmit for the lighter bullet? Thanks again.
With the small % weight difference between 275 gr and 285 gr I'd say that bullet construction/bearing surface differences will probably be more of an issue between the pills than the extra 10gr load as far as pressure is concerned. I'd simply start 10% down from the top for the 275 and expect to fall a couple of % down at top charge.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Bronze Member

Re: No load data for a chosen bullet, now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty7mmstw View Post
With the small % weight difference between 275 gr and 285 gr I'd say that bullet construction/bearing surface differences will probably be more of an issue between the pills than the extra 10gr load as far as pressure is concerned. I'd simply start 10% down from the top for the 275 and expect to fall a couple of % down at top charge.
Good information. Thanks alot, everyone.