Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

New Rifle, Need some Advice on a Scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 01:02 PM
Silver Member

Re: New Rifle, Need some Advice on a Scope

haven't seen the Gen II Razors yet but if the Gen I is any indication it'll be a fine optic. Bit out of my pricerange, even with my discount but I'd wait until they hit the streets and check one out before making a decision.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Platinum Member

The Viper HS scopes are great for the money. I have been impressed with mine comparing them against my higher and lower priced scopes.

It's not quite on par with my Kahles or Zeiss scopes, but it's definitely in the higher end of quality for it's price range.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Silver Member

mmm I forget about Kahles sometimes, they're very nice. My next scope is going to be an HS-T or a PST. Great for hunting and shooting, and the warranty is outstanding.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:36 AM

Alright so I think I have pinpointed my scopes down to two.

The Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 SFP (~$2300 street) or the yet to be released Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 FFP (~$2500 street).

But, I need a suggestion on an absolutely CHEAP scope I can put on my .338 Lapua, so that I can at least throw some rounds through it (make sure no defects in rifle) while I wait on the release of the Vortex (so that I can compare it to an ATACR).

I am leaning towards the Vortex because after viewing their videos and reading reviews, I am really liking their turret/illumination design. The Zoom range is negligible as there is not much difference. Also I do prefer the FFP but it is not a must.

But yeah, anyone know a cheap scope I can throw on while I await the Vortex release? I just want something that will hold its zero and not explode after a shot. I wont be using the dials on it. It will be a set it and forget it scope so that I can shoot some targets and maybe work up some sort of load for the rifle.

Thank you in advance for any input.