Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

New Reload

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Bronze Member

New Reload

I am acquiring supplies to start reloading. What is the best case trimmer for money; probably willing to spend around $100. I am set on Redding dies, and most likely Big Boss press. Thoughts on Big boss vs RCBS Roch Chucker Supreme. I don' t want junk and lose money off the bat. I want to buy descent quality and have 500-$600 to spend. I already have bulletts,powder,casings, scale, trickler, and primers. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Silver Member

Re: New Reload

both of those presses are excellant. Also excallent are the Hornady locknload, and the Lee classic cast. Choose any 1 of those 4 and you cant go wrong.
As for a top line trimmer under $100.00 good luck with that.
Once you buy your trimmer, pilots and collets you should be closer to $150.00+. Lyman has a universal chuck style trimmer that comes with the pilots (it needs no collets), it sells for I believe around $120.00. I have 1 I got in 82 the paint is almost gone and it still trims the way it was designed. I like it alot.
Just on cabelas site www.cabelas.com the lyman universal trimmer is on sale for $79.99
Old 10-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member

Re: New Reload

I really like the Wilson trimmer. It is not super fast but it cuts nice and square. You will need a special case holder for each "family" that you reload for, but they are not prohibitively expensive.