close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Berger Bullets

Reply

New to long range shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Zep Zep is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 387
Re: New to long range shooting

That is a lot of cartridge. Being relatively new to the sport and reloading I would downsize a bit. Just my opinion but I want you to remain interested.
Reply With Quote
  •   #9  
    Unread 04-11-2012, 10:29 AM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Location: Western Colorado
    Posts: 253
    Re: New to long range shooting

    This a 22 page thread about the Rem 700 P in 338 LM. Scattered through the thread are posts about powders, bullets, and brass. An unscientific guess at popularity based on that thread:
    powders; H-1000 and Retumbo
    brass; Lapua

    Bullet type is always a long conversation but some guys are having excellent exterior and terminal ballistic results with VLDs in 250 and 300 grain.

    Here's the thread;
    Remington 700 Police 338 Lapua rifles - Sniper's Hide Forums

    Hope this gives you a starting place.

    Jack
    Reply With Quote

      #10  
    Unread 04-11-2012, 02:56 PM
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Posts: 9
    Re: New to long range shooting

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zep View Post
    That is a lot of cartridge. Being relatively new to the sport and reloading I would downsize a bit. Just my opinion but I want you to remain interested.
    I really appreciate the concern. Thank you. I've handled weapons all my life actually. Just getting into a new end of it.
    Reply With Quote
      #11  
    Unread 04-12-2012, 09:54 AM
    Zep Zep is offline
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Posts: 387
    Re: New to long range shooting

    Best of luck and have fun. Some great people on this site for advice.
    Reply With Quote
      #12  
    Unread 04-12-2012, 01:21 PM
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Posts: 9
    Re: New to long range shooting

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jackem View Post
    This a 22 page thread about the Rem 700 P in 338 LM. Scattered through the thread are posts about powders, bullets, and brass. An unscientific guess at popularity based on that thread:
    powders; H-1000 and Retumbo
    brass; Lapua

    Bullet type is always a long conversation but some guys are having excellent exterior and terminal ballistic results with VLDs in 250 and 300 grain.

    Here's the thread;
    Remington 700 Police 338 Lapua rifles - Sniper's Hide Forums

    Hope this gives you a starting place.

    Jack
    Jack, I appreciate it. Have a great day.
    Reply With Quote
      #13  
    Unread 04-12-2012, 02:31 PM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Republic of NJ
    Posts: 974
    Re: New to long range shooting

    Here's a link for ya, Cartridge Loads - Hodgdon Reloading Data Center - data.hodgdon.com. You can check out literally any load for any bullet weight (available, of course lol) with optimal powders, and yes the 338 LM is in there!

    Best of luck, and enjoy.
    __________________
    Red mist. It's an addiction!
    http://varmintxt.webs.com/
    Reply With Quote
      #14  
    Unread 04-12-2012, 04:03 PM
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Posts: 9
    Re: New to long range shooting

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bowhunthard View Post
    Here's a link for ya, Cartridge Loads - Hodgdon Reloading Data Center - data.hodgdon.com. You can check out literally any load for any bullet weight (available, of course lol) with optimal powders, and yes the 338 LM is in there!

    Best of luck, and enjoy.
    Thank you much.
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes


    Similar Threads for: New to long range shooting
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Long Range Shooting Video & Shooting Simulation dariuszczyszczon Long Range Hunting & Shooting 11 04-02-2012 08:41 PM
    New to Long Range Shooting Colorado Hunt Long Range Hunting & Shooting 5 12-19-2011 08:58 AM
    new to long range shooting. joeskyline06 Long Range Hunting & Shooting 13 02-14-2011 09:10 PM
    new to long range shooting mhiltz Member Introductions 9 06-28-2010 02:09 PM
    Long Range Shooting Taylor9428 Long Range Competition 1 06-04-2009 06:34 PM


    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC