Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

New cartridge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Platinum Member

Re: New cartridge

Roy, you been snoopingg round my shop? Of course its hollow , how in the world else would you be able to have a bullet that big and only weigh 1 1/2 lbs. ? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Kevlar and carbon fiber shell dipped in a copper matrix. Oh and the flash tube thing ,check this out [image][/image]

Mine is is called fl ignition ( full length ) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Will give more reports as testing progresses .

Jim B.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:36 PM
Gold Member

Just for the record, mine have front ignition as well...

This is spike, a 2 stage m to m rocket. Max velocity was measured at mach 1.78

and
and as yet unnamed single stage rocket that will be powered be a 1xM, 4xK cluster. Still a little beat up and dirty from its maden flight last fall.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:15 PM
SPONSOR

OK, I used to play w/model rockets a little as a kid, but I think this takes thing to whole new level!!!

How do you ever recover one of those things. They have to go out of sight when launched!!
Old 05-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member

Bill,

The worst part is that he has to get FAA clearance to launch them ! no kidding .

Also did you know that Abinok just got a new ( to him ) car . Well you should as that is the one he is shamelessly displaying along withn those Estes on steroids [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jim B>
Old 05-23-2006, 07:08 PM
SPONSOR

Are you sure that's not a matchbox and some fancy artwork on some thimbuls??? One can work majic w/a camera. If you don't believe me, just look @ Lerch in some of our photos. He's really alot uglier in person [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 05-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Platinum Member

Ballistic 64 ,

Your visionary decision to get on this bandwagon before you can't afford a ticket is praiseworthy , however due to the tremendous response the price has been increased to $64000.00 Not a problem I'm sure for a man of your means , so I have put you down for the very first one I can get to shoot wihout blowing up the action . ( more to come on that front Buffalobob )

Some have asked about the powder so this pic is to show the incredible design of this bullet ( fsd rbbt icd) and what pioneering efforts have produced in the way of a suitable propellant, (that is the powder to the right of the bullet )

At this point I can not divulge any further info as it may compromise a major deal in the making . I'm sure you will all understand .

I will post further info as it comes to me ,err I mean as it is ok to do so .

Jim B.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member

ABINOK needs to put that bottom rocket on the Neco. It looks to have more than 0.003 runout.

I would also recommend that he strap ole Spike there to the top of his car because I bet if you look under the hood it is short a couple of cylinders and could use some extra juice.