Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

new bench source annealer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Silver Member

new bench source annealer

Sorry, I should have posted here, but I posted it in long range hunting and shooting. But it should have been here so I'll post it here.
Sorry for the double post.

Got my new Bench Source annealer
Totally awesome machine. I annealed 350 6.5X47Lapua cases in 35 minutes.
You can dial the amount of time the case is annealled from 1.5 to 8 seconds. The case is on a spindel and spinning while annealing. Very well made machine. There is a video on you tube.

It's not cheap, but you can tell by the video it's not made cheap either...
Here is bench sources link
New Case Neck Annealing Machine
Old 04-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Platinum Member

Re: new bench source annealer

Mine was shipped out middle of last week. I should have it any day. Can't wait to give her a try, looks to be a great machine and the spinning case with adjustable dwell time should be the ticket!!

Glad you like yours thanks for posting .

Jeff
Old 04-05-2010, 05:42 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbin View Post
Got my new Bench Source annealer

It's not cheap, but you can tell by the video it's not made cheap either...
I can't find out what it costs. They have one of those "too-clever-by-half" very frustrating web sites that doesn't give a price.

So what does it cost?

Thanks
Fitch
Old 04-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
I can't find out what it costs. They have one of those "too-clever-by-half" very frustrating web sites that doesn't give a price.

So what does it cost?

Thanks
Fitch
Mine was $469.45 shipped. I sent one e-mail and it was answered that night. Then I made one call to them and the owner builder answered. Even though they are swamped trying to get this first batch shipped, he talk to me for a good while and answered all my questions and even more I didn't think of. He then transfered me to the office to get my card info to put me on the list to get one. They assured me no charges would be put on the card untill my unit was being shipped. The very nice office lady took my info. It was to ship by the 15th of April. Last Tuesday.. March 30th, the office lady called to tell me mine was shipping and wanted to charge my card. So they shipped 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Very nice people to deal with.

Jeff
Old 04-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Mine was $469.45 shipped. I sent one e-mail and it was answered that night. Then I made one call to them and the owner builder answered. Even though they are swamped trying to get this first batch shipped, he talk to me for a good while and answered all my questions and even more I didn't think of. He then transfered me to the office to get my card info to put me on the list to get one. They assured me no charges would be put on the card untill my unit was being shipped. The very nice office lady took my info. It was to ship by the 15th of April. Last Tuesday.. March 30th, the office lady called to tell me mine was shipping and wanted to charge my card. So they shipped 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Very nice people to deal with.

Jeff

That mirrors my experience almost exactly. I have the annealer on my bench now and should be giving in a good test this afternoon or tomorrow.

The machine is top notch quality and in initial setup and testing it proved very easy to setup and get working. With the dwell time dial you can really fine tune how much annealing is done to the cases and then get a perfectly repeatable setup the next time.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Silver Member

The next batch of annealers won't be available until June and their price has gone up to $519.

That's what I was told when I called last week inquiring about the price and availability.

Kevin
Old 05-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Silver Member

I've got about 600 rounds thru the annealer now. 270, 308, 6.5X47 Lapua.

I wonder how I ever did it without this tool. Now that I'm use to it, I can set up, get the temp I'm looking for and start my set in about 5 min. I used a permanet marker to mark the torch heights for different height cases.