Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Never reloaded

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Never reloaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Will a Forster co ax and lee collet help with bullet runout.
They are a sound design, and many guys swear by them. But you need a better seater. For that go with the Forster. I do several tight neck chambers, and for that they just don't fit the bill. You probably want to run the use of the collet dies with guys that use them all the time on here. I'm still learning to use them. The only seater I've found better than the Forster is a Wilson inline die used in an arbor press. I personally have had better luck with the Forster full length sizer than the others. But a Redding would have done just as well at full length sizing.

If you do decide to use the collet die in the Co-Ax press, you want to replace the Lee rings with the ones made by Forster, or Lyman. They fit the slots better.
gary
Old 11-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Silver Member

the Lee collet dies work really good when I seat a bullet just deep enough to hold it in the neck. So far out that in most rifles they wont fit in the mag. As the bullet is chambered it contacts the rifleing and the seating is finished as the bolt is closed.
At least this is how they work best in my Sav 111 7mmrm and my TC contender 3030win.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0rd0 View Post
the Lee collet dies work really good when I seat a bullet just deep enough to hold it in the neck. So far out that in most rifles they wont fit in the mag. As the bullet is chambered it contacts the rifleing and the seating is finished as the bolt is closed.
At least this is how they work best in my Sav 111 7mmrm and my TC contender 3030win.
be carefull with the T/C, as they don't like a lot of chamber pressure. The G2 is another story
gary