Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Never reloaded

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Silver Member

Re: Never reloaded

I would just go to youtube and search for "how to reload ammo". Just use that youtube info with some common sense. Also if you get a reloading manual like the Hornady or Nosler manual. They have very detailed steps in the first chapters of the books. Also a guy on youtube called ammosmith. He has some pretty good stuff on there.

Another handy tool might be a stuck case remover. This for when you forget to put enough lube on a cartridge before you run it through the die. The can get stuck and that will pretty much shut you down until you get one of the removers. Can do it with a drill and tape, etc. But the tools are inexpensive and work well. If you reload enough, you will one day get a stuck case.

Learning on your own can be done. Probably just take you a little longer to figure it out, but that in itself can be rewarding. I taught myself. I would not turn down a free lesson from a experienced reloader though, if you have that opportunity.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Bronze Member

I just found out my mechanic is an advid reloaded and is willing to show me to help me out but keep the info comming loving it thanks again
Old 11-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
You Tube is cheaper. Just type in 'reloading'

I believe Lee has a couple vids on their company website too.

I can highly recommend Fred Sinclair's book on reloading. It's at least a must read.
gary
Old 11-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Gary...

Give him a break, he's just starting out. He has to crawl first and he has the RCBS reloading kit (esseintials)...just say'in....

Personally, I don't think the Wilson trimmer is WAS. I'll take a Giraud or a WFT anyday. All the lathe type trimmers suffer from the same issues...runout.
will respectfully dissagree.
gary
Old 11-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
will respectfully dissagree.
gary
Gary, no problem. That was an IMO, strictly, from having used personally, brand a, b and c.

Hope ypu still have your roof. I hear the wind was awful bad out your way a while ago.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Bronze Member

Will a Forster co ax and lee collet help with bullet runout.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Gary, no problem. That was an IMO, strictly, from having used personally, brand a, b and c.

Hope ypu still have your roof. I hear the wind was awful bad out your way a while ago.
Your not gonna believe this one! I was over by the Greenwood Mall, and stopped for a bite to eat. They had a TV going on in there with the local weather going bananas. Was watching this huge storm front spawning tornados over in the far western side of the state. But it was heading northeast strait for Kokomo and Muncie. Then there was another front headed right towards Columbus to the south of me. This one was going to come close to me. Where I was at, it was raining lightly with 30mph winds. I had one more stop to do, and that didn't take long. When I left the sun was out bright with the same light rain. The clouds were going nuts in three directions, and that's not good! To the north of me, I could see Indy, and it was actually black up there ( ten miles to downtown Indy). Went home (about five minutes east), and kinda hunkered down for the big storm that never came! The one to the south missed me by about six or seven miles, and the big one to the north was about the same! I watched the one to the south head northeast right behind my place, and it was so dark that I couldn't tell where the one to the north was headed. Later I heard the downtown Indy had 80 mph winds measured at the Lucas Oil Stadium. Guess both storm fronts handed off several tornados, and five minutes south of me got four or five inches of rain! But I was in that narrow sliver that missed most all of it.

really odd!
gary