Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Need some help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Need some help....

I would buy a Redding body die to bump the shoulder back, and maybe a standard full length die to size the body every five firings. Forget about the Redding seater and their bushing die! They are over priced for starters. I'd buy something like a K&M arbor press and a set of Wilson dies. You'll be out front right away! Even a Forster Ultra seater is better at about 2/3rds the price, but not Wilson quality
gary
Old 06-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Need some help....

I did not elaborate earlier but I have great luck determining bushing size by measuring the neck of a loaded round then deduct one thousandth and two thousandth and order those two bushings from Sinclair, or any other distributer who carries them. The bushing two one thousandth usually gives excellent tension in the calibers I load for. When the brass neck is re-sized it will usually "spring back" one thousandth of an inch giving proper tension. This procedure is a little more costly because you may have to buy some bushings that you will not use after testing but your ammo is much more precise if accuracy is what you are looking for. If this is not clear Redding has tech support that is top notch that can help you further.