Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

need help finding left handed straight out of the box shooter.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Bronze Member

Re: need help finding left handed straight out of the box shooter.

The accustock has a full length aluminum bedding block. The early models also had a wedge that clamped the recoil lug in place. After removing the stock on the early versions with the wedge it was very hard to get the wedge reinstalled to produce the same harmonic which led to erratic accuracy and point of impact. Most guys simply removed the wedge and Savage no longer includes the wedge on the accustock. The aluminum bedding block provides a nice solid lockup and also adresses the issue of synthetic stock flex which seemed to be the number one area of complaint from Savage owners. To tell the truth I have never had an issue with stock flex on my savage rifles. I do love my accustocked unit though. Super accurate,
Old 11-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Platinum Member

" i want something that i can take out of the box and just go to it "

I think all of us want that; unfortunately, it's really not that easy. Rifles are much like women, you'll never know how good one is until you try it.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:29 PM

I have a tikka t3 ss light 308 left hand. As far as I aware they only import the ss t3 lite for left handers. With minimal work I have found loads that had 3 shot groups ranging from .46 to .64. with speer btsp and nosler bt both in 165grs. Tikka guarantees 1 moa, have a smooth as glass bolt and is 6.5lb without scope. The only thing I didn't like was I have to load to mag length but that doesnt seem to matter with the accuracy I'm able to get. Lite and accurate, what more could you ask for in a hunting rig.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies.i know there's no gun that's goin to come out a box and be perfect but I know there are better places to start than others I'm looking for the best starting point