Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Necking Down

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Necking Down

I have had a 7/300 wby for over 25 years mine was built by Howard Wolfe and I am curious as to who is building yours and and how did you decide on the 7/300 wby. The advice you have recieved here is right on.
Drags
Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 AM

Mine is being built by Randy Selby of Randy's custom rifles. He is building it on an old Enfield action I had. I chose this caliber after some discussion with him. Decided on this over the 7STW because there is a better choice of brass. Check out his web site. Randy's custom rifles. He has a good section about his history and experience.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKS2TH View Post
Mine is being built by Randy Selby of Randy's custom rifles. He is building it on an old Enfield action I had. I chose this caliber after some discussion with him. Decided on this over the 7STW because there is a better choice of brass. Check out his web site. Randy's custom rifles. He has a good section about his history and experience.
Run a 300 roy through a 7stw die and it only needs to be fireformed and trimmed. I prefer standard shoulders so I've been with the stw. To each their own; they are both fine rounds.