Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Neck Turnings Tools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Silver Member

Neck Turnings Tools

Did a forum search on the subject and found some of the posts are up to 4 years old. I have been using the Sinclair NT1000 for almost 10 years. My creaky fingers are telling me it's time to move onto something a little faster. No complaints on the NT1000 just looking for something a little easier on the fingers. What are you using and how do you like it??

Last edited by newmexkid; 04-22-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Silver Member

Re: Neck Turnings Tools

The new one is real nice...Real expensive too!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Gold Member

I am using the K&M turner with Carbide internal cutter for the mandrel. It takes any donut out simultaneously. I like the Ergo "Fat" cutting tool handle that eases holding onto the mandrel/cutter. I use a Lee Case holder in drill for turning the brass onto the mandrel/cutter.

I really like this tool but set up is tedious so ideally I would like a seperate body and mandrel set up for each situation.

I also sort of liked the looks of the 21st Century set up but have no experience with it.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such governments. …” Jefferson

We are very close to this point now.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Platinum Member

I prefer the newest Sinclair. Nothing out there any better
Old 04-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmexkid View Post
Did a forum search on the subject and found some of the posts are up to 4 years old. I have been using the Sinclair NT1000 for almost 10 years. My creaky fingers are telling me it's time to move onto something a little faster. No complaints on the NT1000 just looking for something a little easier on the fingers. What are you using and how do you like it??
I've got the Sinclair,K&M also couple Hart's. I like to make two cuts that way little easier on the hands. If I have lot to do I'll make first cut using a Forster case trimmer with outside neck turning attachment for the first cut then I'll do second with one of the 3 I have listed.

After couple firing I have good collection Forster inside neck reamers I'll use one of those get rid of the inside donut. They custom make reamers for any size that you may need and Wilson does the same for their trimmer got few of those.

Here is picture of the Hart
Product Details

Well good luck
Old 04-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Gold Member

I like/use K&M, easy to use, easy to adjust, very accurate and extremely well made. the pilot jack makes depth adjustment a snap and the power driver adaptor with lee shell holders makes it fast.