Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Neck Turning Brass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Silver Member

Re: Neck Turning Brass

Thanks Gene for the info and heads up.

BB... what can I say. Thanks you very much for your very descriptive and informative pictures and explanation. Hopefully many others besides me will benefit from your mentoring and patience.

Bless you sir.

DocB

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Old 09-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Gold Member

Re: Neck Turning Brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post
Thanks Gene for the info and heads up.

BB... what can I say. Thanks you very much for your very descriptive and informative pictures and explanation. Hopefully many others besides me will benefit from your mentoring and patience.

Bless you sir.

DocB
Your welcome mate. The volume loaders will not be interested in this system but the low volume reloader can do it quite easy for a bolt action rifle.
I have done it for so long I can put the washer on the case before it goes in the shell holder and mainly with one hand.
I also have bushing neck size dies and they don't require a washer and have easy length adjustment but I like the collet dies push in action better for a factory chamber . For a tight neck chamber I use bushing dies .
I just finished two years of mentoring a guy in El Paso Texas .