Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

My New Bench Source Annealer in Action

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Gold Member

Re: My New Bench Source Annealer in Action

Jeff
I am interested in your torch set up, since most of pictures you see of these is with two of the "Blue Bottle" torches. I notice you have two hoses going to what?
Is it a propane or acetylene set up?
Thanks
Dave
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)
Old 11-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtball View Post
Jeff
I am interested in your torch set up, since most of pictures you see of these is with two of the "Blue Bottle" torches. I notice you have two hoses going to what?
Is it a propane or acetylene set up?
Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave, good catch! Yes, I had a set of hoses made up that "T" and connect to a gas grill LP tank. The smaller bottles will sometimes change the heat of the flame as you tip them or as they get closer to empty. The hoses and the bigger bottle eliminate this and both torches always have the same amout of LP going to them. Plus, it is a cleaner look and you dont have the weight of the bottles hanging on your torch holders. Also, I just recently purchased a small two shelf cart with casters. The annealer sits nicely on top and the tank on the lower shelf. When not in use I cover it with a cheap gas grill cover and roll it out of the way.

Jeff
Old 03-11-2012, 08:27 PM

I realize this is a dated and dormant thread but I have this annealing machine too and would DEFINITELY be interested in the set up you have for the propane torches. I figured you are you using a 20 lb. BBQ grill bottle with what hoses and adaptors? Can you post some more detailed information on the components you assembled to set up your burners? Thanks!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Platinum Member

I don't know what he is using but about 20 years ago I bought a tee and some hoses to run propane lanterns off a large tank. I think I bought them at Walmart.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member

Yes, it is an old talk from a gas grill. The hoses were made up at a hose shop professionally and ends are crimped on. It simply comes up from the tank and T's with a brass "T" then goes up to the torch heads. I think a propane company should have the fittings to do this for you. But take the tank and a torch head with you to match up fittings.

If you need a few more pics I could take some and post them.

Jeff