Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

More reloading issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Platinum Member

Re: More reloading issues

Its not cheap but you do get what you pay for. Norma brass is second....

I save all my culls in a wood crate, the high speed, the tungsten carbide in another and the aluminum scrap, brass and magnesium in another. Once a year to the scrap yard.

Last time I netted almost 600 bucks.

I'm all about recycling.... and cheap.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Silver Member

I had the same issues with my savage even with lapua brass it was building a tremendous amount of pressure even with min loads and any second fired brass would stick finally attributed the fact that the new cases where strong enough to hold the pressure, but once they where fired once they streched a little and hung in the chamber (hoping my brass is still useable) ...savage did not act very helpfull at all and the customer service I recieved was terrible....I sent it out to have it rebarrelled and the chamber cut correct this time around it'll be the last savage rifle I buy....sorry to hear about your issues hope the lapua brass works for you...

obviously they're is a problem with the chambers being cut too tight and rough however savage is not addressing the issues....The only way i could get my rifle to shoot brass more than once was to shoot such a decreased velosity that it wasn't performing like the caliber ought to...

Jordan
Old 05-03-2012, 06:03 AM
Platinum Member

Keep in mind you're complaining about YOUR reloads to Savage. Or, YOUR reloads of a brass brand.
And until you determine the actual problem, that's all it amounts to..
Old 05-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Silver Member

I found the problem with the cases sticking and it was pressure I am not upset at savage for that I am upset about how low I had to load the rounds for the rifle to function properly it definatley wasn't utilizing the round at those speeds. Oh and it failed to fire factory ammo as well...

I am more disgusted with the poor customer service I recieved I meen flat out rude.

Jordan
Old 05-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertakid View Post
I found the problem with the cases sticking and it was pressure I am not upset at savage for that I am upset about how low I had to load the rounds for the rifle to function properly it definatley wasn't utilizing the round at those speeds. Oh and it failed to fire factory ammo as well...

I am more disgusted with the poor customer service I recieved I meen flat out rude.

Jordan
It would be interesting to have a chamber casting to see what the chamber measures? What are you doing with the old barrel?

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Gold Member

revising what I said earlier about trim to length... it's 2.715, not 3.715 :O
Old 05-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Silver Member

As an update I talked with the manager of customer service at savage this am and gave them the serial numbers and info from the rifle and he was more than easy to get along with...the other fella I talked to must have been having a bad day cause this was the kind of service I expected the first time around...guess I can't write them off yet.

Jordan