Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Moral Dilemma...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Gold Member

Re: Moral Dilemma...

LGS is $35 per pound. Varget jugs were $250 (sold out). Many have increased prices and because of that, supply is slowly stabilizing. Hate to be the one to say it but if you want product on the shelves, double your prices. I think that's how supply and demand works. Once supply catches back up, retailers will be competing through pricing and not availability. Personally, I think that people will never remember that someone increased their prices back in the day, as long as their current price is competitive and service meets expectations.

Wanna hear something funny? When Coke in a vending machine went all the way up to .35 cents a can, I swore I'd never buy another. Somehow they managed without me.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 338 View Post
LGS is $35 per pound. Varget jugs were $250 (sold out). Many have increased prices and because of that, supply is slowly stabilizing. Hate to be the one to say it but if you want product on the shelves, double your prices. I think that's how supply and demand works. Once supply catches back up, retailers will be competing through pricing and not availability. Personally, I think that people will never remember that someone increased their prices back in the day, as long as their current price is competitive and service meets expectations.

Wanna hear something funny? When Coke in a vending machine went all the way up to .35 cents a can, I swore I'd never buy another. Somehow they managed without me.
My issue is not with price. It is with the underhanded crap that he is pulling to charge that price. Walmart is not a wholesaler. They are retail, and admirably still only charging $25 a pound. My problem lies with no one but this one guy being able to buy powder at that price because he gets inside info from a Walmart employee then sends his crew in to buy everything out. It makes it impossible to get powder at the only place in town to buy it. They get their shipment at 2:00, it is on the shelf at 2:15 and his people show up at 2:30 to get it... It's not right.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:45 PM

I guess I should mention that his business is furniture, and in no way has to do with shooting sports. I may have made that sound a bit confusing. He owns a furniture store.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Silver Member

What has Walmart's manager said about this?
Old 09-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Silver Member

This is a easy fix where I grew up and he would never even think of doing it again.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
What has Walmart's manager said about this?
I wont have time today, but tomorrow I will call the manager on my lunch hour and have a bit of a chat. See what he/she says. I will also be posting adds in the same categories explaining what he is doing and how much of a thorn in the side of our sport he really is. Hopefully slow things down to the point its not worth it for him.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Silver Member

If he's selling on Craigs list I doubt seriously that he is collecting or paying sales tax and I would bet he's not paying tax on the income generated, just sayin'