Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Moral Dilemma...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 01:47 PM

Moral Dilemma...

I have posted in the past about the jackass that buys ALL of the powder that comes in to our local Walmart. ALL of it. He owns a business and has delivery drivers, so someone at Walmart calls him when a shipment comes in, and he dispatches all of his employees down to buy it all out. On one particularly aggravating day, I went in after work to find out that he had cleaned out 12 pounds of Varget. I only want one or two pounds, but I'll be damned if I am gonna line this douchebag's pockets to get it.

I ended up stumbling on to one of his adds and did a little trolling. Found out his name and email address. Asked him straight up if he was the guy cleaning out Walmart... He denied... Funny thing, I played poker with his son on Friday night, and I didn't bring it up, but next thing I know his son is spilling the beans on the whole thing, not knowing that I would like to choke his dad out in the Walmart parking lot. I kept my mouth shut and laughed about it with everyone. But now I have confirmation, this is the guy.

Now, my moral dilemma... Would I like to cause bodily harm to this man for what he is doing to the local sportsmen in the area? YES. But that is obviously not worth it. I have better things to do than go to jail over something stupid. However, I would like to teach him some sort of lesson, or make him stop, or something... I was thinking about printing off the adds and talking to management of Walmart and see if they will intervene, but why would they care. I could spam bomb his email. Make it useless. I could drop his email and this story in some groups on Facebook that are filled with people that seem to have nothing better to do than harass people... I dunno. I am trying really hard to be the bigger man about this and not do anything below the belt, even though my hatred for this guy grows by the minute. He owns a big company in town, he doesn't need the money... He's just a prick.

One of his adds:

BENCHMARK, RETUMBO, IMR 4198, VARGET, HS-6

What would you do?
Old 09-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Moral Dilemma...

Dont buy a thing from him and let as many people as you can know what he is doing and urge them to also NOT BUY a thing off this guy
Old 09-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Platinum Member

If it bothered me as much as it does you, I wouldn't assume Walmart won't care.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
If it bothered me as much as it does you, I wouldn't assume Walmart won't care.
I have decided to call Walmart management and let them know whats going on. I manage a business and if one of my employees was pulling that kind of underhanded crap, I would certainly want to know about it. We'll see what they say.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Platinum Member

how about the BBB in the area since he has a business that might poke him into being more honorable... He is creating a monopoly
Old 09-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Platinum Member

Just spill the beans on Craigslist. You can do that btw. Run an add in the same catagory and let people know it's a scam.

Let the air out of his tires.....

Pee in his gas tank.....

Stuff potatoes up his exhaust pipes (thats a killer btw, they will never figure out why their vehicles won't start.......)

Send him a note with a gift wrapped package of dog crap......

I have to say his pricing is right in there with Bruno's.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Platinum Member

My local store is $30.99 or $32.99 for Hodgdon and Alliant powders.

Still around $55-$60 for Vihtavuori powder, which is why I won't shoot any of it to try, because I'm not paying double what it's worth, because it has a fancy name and comes from Finland and is owned by Lapua, and most of the dumb hicks around my area don't know any better, anyway.

Next time I order from Grafs or 3rd Gen, I'll order a lb of Viht for $30-35 vs the local $60 pricetag.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.